Do NOT sign up for arbonne

Mar 14, 2012
review #304724

Well just over 5 months ago I was sucked into signing up for arbonne. I was given my golden bag and rather enjoyed the products, then the smooth talking consultant comes back to retrieve her bag and talk all about how you can earn extra money and how being your own boss is amazing, gives you the financial freedom you need, blah blah blah absolute ***!!!!! I thought I was a smart women, I went home did my research on the company, asked my sponsor a million and one questions prior to signing on and even came up with a budget for what I would like to invest financially into this business...well it seems my sponsor thought that amount was far too low so now i'm currently in quite the mess because the women ended up paying for the rest she " considered" reasonable to invest to get my personal qualifying volume up to par. ( makes me vomit just thinking about it)

Anyways about the company........they do these recruiting sessions with the NVP which is where they stuff a million vulnerable individuals (mostly women lets be serious) in a room and discuss how great arbonne has been for them and their friends and go on with their pathetic excuse for a power point presentation and talk about the massive cheques they keep getting in the mail for selling products we already need and use on a daily bases.....blah blah blah. I find it most hilarious that they do these recruiting sessions generally in the evening so usually right after work and yet they don't offer you a drink or a appetizer....NOTHING yet they are making $250,000 + a year. Oh and lets not forget they also hound you right afterwards to discuss the presentation and to sign on the dotted line. So not only are you starving but you must fork over a minimum in most cases $2,500.00 which will conviently be placed your high interest credit card.

If you think that you are selling arbonne products think again!!! This entire business is NOT one bit about selling it is about finding "builders" which means finding friends and family to hound to invest their hard earned cash into, so that inturn they too can hound people into multiplying the pyramid. After doing just one party when i first started i was excited but after selling a couple thousand dollars worth of product and being even further excited for my commission cheque to only find out that majority of the products sold were considered " business aids" and when you sign up preferred clients ( which they want you to do since it looks better and they pray that this person will convert to consultant status) that you only get a pathetic 15% profit on. And before you even begin to receive that lovely excuse of a commission cheque you have to maintain a 150 pqv which means you basically need to fork even more of your hard earned cash into the company to receive this bonafide cheque. These are all the little things they DON"T mention at these "recruiting sessions" which by the way they call DA Meetings in arbonne lingo. Also they expect you to invest a minimum of $2,500.00 for a whole lot of *** you don't need to " start your own business". Luckily I didn't invest that much but I invested enough. They also make you print off these prospecting folders they tell you to do it at work....yeah full colour and about 500 sheets since they want you to have enough for every single person at the party!! Well I work in a small office so that wasn't going to happen....$100 dollars later everything was printed and what a load of ***!! Oh and don't get sucked into purchasing the business cards they are awful and another poor investment on your part. So basically you have now spent $2,500.00 on products you don't need, plus around $100 for prospecting folders that you will hand out and get right back, plus $75.00 for business cards, plus your gas, plus your time = setting yourself for failure.

The one and only way to make money in this business is to hound every last person you know to purchase product and pray to the gods that they will also fork over their hard earned cash. I too only wish that they had these blogs that i am seeing today up here about what kind of business this company is running. These sponsors think they have hit the jacket when they finally get you to come on board and trust me they turn to *** when you are unsure or want out. Also from analyzing majority of the groups of arbonne families around me every last one of them that is actually making a decent coin off this are ALREADY wealthy!!! they ALLL have husbands that are very well off....these are stay at home moms that literally have nothing better to do with their time since they have maids and nannies which were already in the mix prior to signing onto arbonne. I feel sorry for the young girls just like myself that get sucked into the dream of wanting to make some extra cash when in the end i'm out a *** load of money!! Another few pointers they don't point out at these " recruiting sessions" with no food or drinks is that you really have to keep in perspective your time and money. You have to waste gas recruiting people, dropping off the gold bag, picking up the gold bag, hosting parties all over the city, going to these DA meetings.....its A LOT!!!! They are all liars that say it takes just a few hours of your time. Thats a load of SH**, I can't even tell you how much money I am out just from the gas and photo copies alone. All in all DON"T do it!!!! The products are digustingly overpriced for what they are, so good luck finding people that can even afford them. They specify all natural but i got a rash from quite a few of the products and i've done multiple allergy tests and none of the " natural" ingredients have I ever been allergic too in its original state. SO Beware!!!! And learn from everyone that is posting on this website. The arbonne community that is going to comment that I am a just a bitter women that didn't make money at this because i'm lazy or whatever excuse you may want to come up....save your breath! I am merely pointing out simple facts and I am rather angry what has happened to myself and others in the same situation. The only thing I actually got from this entire experience is that I will NEVER in my life do a MLM company and the biggest lesson of all trust no one! You must look out for yourself and yourself only since everyone is only in this for themselves so why bother wasting your time and money trying to get already wealthy people richer.

I truly hope that this reaches others!

Cheers

acd9b7c
Had an experience with Arbonne?  Submit review ›
Is this your company? Learn about our business solutions
Lourdes

Aug 12

I don't type my businesses name into google and see that 90% of the results are something along the lines of 'Arbonne SCAM' or 'Don't join Arbonne, it's a scam'
Pretty telling...

16 3 Reply
Abh

Aug 08 New York, New York

My wife has recently joined Arbonne. She knows someone doing it for the last 5 yrs. this person has been asking her to join and my wife always resisted. She has been sending my wife her statements and she makes around $12,000 a month and has the Benz. You get out what you put in.
End of story. My wife has sold over $5000 in two weeks because the products are great. She signed up 3 people already without even trying.

28 10 Reply
Arbonne Consultant

Aug 13 Easley, South Carolina

Exactly! Your get out what you put into it! the products are great and there are a lot of success stories.

13 7 Reply
dee

1 day ago

How are these Arbonne reps able to get free vehicles? Because their product is so expensive. They also send their reps to Vegas and all over the US numerous times a year. Who do you think pays for all this? The people who purchase the product. I would not buy one single thing from Arbonne. When they get their "free" vehicles and "free" trips, they post it all over Facebook....like rubbing it in the faces of those who purchase their product. No way......

Ria

Aug 06 Tampa, Florida

I just want to say, you are a very angry person! No all ARBONNE get togethers are like that. I certainly make sure people have refreshments. Truthfully, there is no minimum purchase as well. Waste of time! Get your facts straight!!!

6 9 Reply
Marissa

Aug 04

Well i agree with you even if all these air heads don't also, as a scientist- actually research what 'natural' means when written on the side of a cosmetic product. because it doesn't mean what you think it means.

10 0 Reply
Kari

Aug 04

First of all you over spent. I went in spending 400.00 but made that back quickly. You must have VERY pushy friends. Arbonne reps don't talk down about other businesses. I know plenty of people who weren't living with maids and all that snazz
Before but now are! We work hard and get rewarded.

8 8 Reply

Aug 03

Haha the sheer lack of integrity in this post is so great. I don't know who screwed you into allegedly paying a $2,500 sign on fee, but you're a god *** *** for paying it. It says right where you sign up it's $79. And that pays for everything you need to start. Also, I just got an order of business cards in - after shipping it was $58. And I have more business cards than I know what to do with.
As I read this post, I laughed too hard at just how bitter you are. You claim you're not bitter because you failed at this business, but obviously you went into it blind (if you'd done your research as you claim you did, you would have known it was only $79 to sign up) and expecting to do nothing and become wealthy overnight. Those of us actually trying to take advantage of this amazing opportunity know you can't get a good business going by sitting back and expecting to have a six figure income fed to you on a silver platter.
And idk who told you to print 500+ pages of ***, but that's ***. I have stuff printed out at home but it's all stuff that I wanted to print. Nobody's ever made me print anything.
Also, it's not just about "hounding" your friends and family until you run out Of people and quit. You have to have PEOPLE SKILLS -which clearly you are lacking - and approach new people. Just like telling others, whether you know them or not, about this amazing restaurant you just ate at, you're sharing a product. Go outside and meet people. Be *** nice to
... Show more

13 11 Reply

Jul 31

My upline gives me drinks and appatizers. :D

12 3 Reply
Cromaxgal

Jul 29 Carefree, Arizona

I just started and the cleaner healed a problem I was having with my face. No other product over the counter or from the doctor has done it. So I think you are a bitter disgusting individual. Plus I did not have to sign up for $2500 of product all at once. I only bought one product. You just had one bad bad experience and instead of making a monkey out of yourself, you should have complained to upper management. Everyone is in a growing situation. Perhaps next time you should have provided something to eat and a beverage instead of criticizing. And if you like working 7am-6pm until you are 90, go for it. But don't come complaining to us. This is a sales job, some people have sales jobs and can do this but they don't nearly make the money we make and don't get as high as commission as we do. Talk to your insurance agent or car salesman....this is a sales job. But you 9-5 people won't be retired at 50, you'll still be working, hating your job and wishing you had done the business. It's how you look at it.

11 8 Reply
Ap

Jul 29

Your crazy. You drank their poison... It's a complete and utter cult and pyramid scam! It's sucking people in one by one. The saddest part is you buy into the hole product at all! If you want to buy something good for your body and your health buy local and buy natraul don't give your money to some corporate blow hound!

12 5 Reply

Sep 01

Oh my God. Did you go to school? Learn how to spell and write.

2 2 Reply
not a whiney bitch

Sep 30

Everything in Arbonne is toxin free, paraben free, gluten free, vegan....they do not test on animals and 97 % of all skin care companies do. They are the complete opposite of corporate america. YOu do not have a boss. You are in business for yourself not by yourself and you work when you want to. Whole is spelled whole not hole. Do you mean blood hound? I am so glad that so many people hate the idea of network marketing. If everyone believed in it....It would not work. So thank you for working for someone else and making their dreams come true before making your dreams come true. It makes it easier for us network marketers to make our dreams come true. In the 90's David Letterman interviewed Donald Trump and said, "if you lost all your money....what would you do?" Trump said, "Network Marketing". The audience laughed. Trump said, "that is why I am up here and you are all down there". Food for thought.

Never giving up

Aug 01

Well said Cromaxgal. My wife started Arbonne recently. I am going to support her fully. I am 35 and I am planning to be financially free by 45. I refuse to place my application for Walmart at 65. I want my retirement fully funded... Like it or not network.marketing is the way of the future in business. There are systems in place to help you in your success with any company. Just find a company that is right for you and work like crazy for awhile....Then learn the words "Residual Income"

8 4 Reply
not a whiney bitch

Sep 30

I agree....some people just do not understand network marketing and that is fine. If everyone did it....it probably would not work. So thank you people who do not have belief. Enjoy morning traffic, having three bosses and half your paycheck being cut in half by good old Uncle SAm. We Arbonne people run our own businesses and everything we spend on our business is a write off. Winning.

1 1 Reply
Not a whiney bitch

Sep 30

by the way....I always serve snacks and drinks at my presentations......I keep the receipt. WRite off. Winning!!!!!!

0 2 Reply
Ange

Jul 28

I have been doing this business for the last six months in the UK and loving it. The only thing you need to do is sign up for a small amount and buy what you can afford. If you buy business tool orders your business will grow quicker, but it is not necessary. I have met many others who started with a small order, appreciated the fact it would take longer but that was their choice. If you follow the company guidelines and work the business consistently you will start to see results. When you have your own business it is easy to start blaming others when it doesn't work for you. It is for me and this company is giving loads of people new options, new opportunities and a wealth of knowledge and personal growth. I have met loads of people who work full time weeks and are doing this as their back up plan, to help pay for pensions, to build an asset for their children. If you are prepared to learn the business anyone can do this. I never pester people, I give them an opportunity and if they don't want it that is fine, but I know I have a golden ticket in my hands and I will keep at it and change my life!

7 4 Reply
Never Giving Up

Aug 01

Ange, you keep going girl !

2 2 Reply
Lisa

Jul 23

I really dislike uneducated people. I am an arbonne user and just happened to read this waste of a time post along with other comments. I'm not going to even touch on this failure of a consultant because mine is great. For the dumb *** who said these products have silicone..... It's an organic silicone silly.....educated yourself pls.

12 4 Reply
Never Giving Up

21-40 of 531 comments

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

×
You were reading a complaint about Arbonne.
Filing a new complaint about
×