ad

Do NOT sign up for arbonne

Issue not resolved

Well just over 5 months ago I was sucked into signing up for arbonne. I was given my golden bag and rather enjoyed the products, then the smooth talking consultant comes back to retrieve her bag and talk all about how you can earn extra money and how being your own boss is amazing, gives you the financial freedom you need, blah blah blah absolute ***!!!!! I thought I was a smart women, I went home did my research on the company, asked my sponsor a million and one questions prior to signing on and even came up with a budget for what I would like to invest financially into this business...well it seems my sponsor thought that amount was far too low so now i'm currently in quite the mess because the women ended up paying for the rest she " considered" reasonable to invest to get my personal qualifying volume up to par. ( makes me vomit just thinking about it)

Anyways about the company........they do these recruiting sessions with the NVP which is where they stuff a million vulnerable individuals (mostly women lets be serious) in a room and discuss how great arbonne has been for them and their friends and go on with their pathetic excuse for a power point presentation and talk about the massive cheques they keep getting in the mail for selling products we already need and use on a daily bases.....blah blah blah. I find it most hilarious that they do these recruiting sessions generally in the evening so usually right after work and yet they don't offer you a drink or a appetizer....NOTHING yet they are making $250,000 + a year. Oh and lets not forget they also hound you right afterwards to discuss the presentation and to sign on the dotted line. So not only are you starving but you must fork over a minimum in most cases $2,500.00 which will conviently be placed your high interest credit card.

If you think that you are selling arbonne products think again!!! This entire business is NOT one bit about selling it is about finding "builders" which means finding friends and family to hound to invest their hard earned cash into, so that inturn they too can hound people into multiplying the pyramid. After doing just one party when i first started i was excited but after selling a couple thousand dollars worth of product and being even further excited for my commission cheque to only find out that majority of the products sold were considered " business aids" and when you sign up preferred clients ( which they want you to do since it looks better and they pray that this person will convert to consultant status) that you only get a pathetic 15% profit on. And before you even begin to receive that lovely excuse of a commission cheque you have to maintain a 150 pqv which means you basically need to fork even more of your hard earned cash into the company to receive this bonafide cheque. These are all the little things they DON"T mention at these "recruiting sessions" which by the way they call DA Meetings in arbonne lingo. Also they expect you to invest a minimum of $2,500.00 for a whole lot of *** you don't need to " start your own business". Luckily I didn't invest that much but I invested enough. They also make you print off these prospecting folders they tell you to do it at work....yeah full colour and about 500 sheets since they want you to have enough for every single person at the party!! Well I work in a small office so that wasn't going to happen....$100 dollars later everything was printed and what a load of ***!! Oh and don't get sucked into purchasing the business cards they are awful and another poor investment on your part. So basically you have now spent $2,500.00 on products you don't need, plus around $100 for prospecting folders that you will hand out and get right back, plus $75.00 for business cards, plus your gas, plus your time = setting yourself for failure.

The one and only way to make money in this business is to hound every last person you know to purchase product and pray to the gods that they will also fork over their hard earned cash. I too only wish that they had these blogs that i am seeing today up here about what kind of business this company is running. These sponsors think they have hit the jacket when they finally get you to come on board and trust me they turn to *** when you are unsure or want out. Also from analyzing majority of the groups of arbonne families around me every last one of them that is actually making a decent coin off this are ALREADY wealthy!!! they ALLL have husbands that are very well off....these are stay at home moms that literally have nothing better to do with their time since they have maids and nannies which were already in the mix prior to signing onto arbonne. I feel sorry for the young girls just like myself that get sucked into the dream of wanting to make some extra cash when in the end i'm out a *** load of money!! Another few pointers they don't point out at these " recruiting sessions" with no food or drinks is that you really have to keep in perspective your time and money. You have to waste gas recruiting people, dropping off the gold bag, picking up the gold bag, hosting parties all over the city, going to these DA meetings.....its A LOT!!!! They are all liars that say it takes just a few hours of your time. Thats a load of SH**, I can't even tell you how much money I am out just from the gas and photo copies alone. All in all DON"T do it!!!! The products are digustingly overpriced for what they are, so good luck finding people that can even afford them. They specify all natural but i got a rash from quite a few of the products and i've done multiple allergy tests and none of the " natural" ingredients have I ever been allergic too in its original state. SO Beware!!!! And learn from everyone that is posting on this website. The arbonne community that is going to comment that I am a just a bitter women that didn't make money at this because i'm lazy or whatever excuse you may want to come up....save your breath! I am merely pointing out simple facts and I am rather angry what has happened to myself and others in the same situation. The only thing I actually got from this entire experience is that I will NEVER in my life do a MLM company and the biggest lesson of all trust no one! You must look out for yourself and yourself only since everyone is only in this for themselves so why bother wasting your time and money trying to get already wealthy people richer.

I truly hope that this reaches others!

Cheers

1075cabb review #304724
1428 658 Helpful?
Had the same issue301 Comments606 Report
Had an experience with Arbonne?  Submit review about this company

Jan 10 Bruno, Saskatchewan

Sorry to hear about the bad experience, but in reality there are bound to be some. I'm on my third month working toward DM promotion. I'm a man (for those with the perception of a bunch of women stuffed into a room). It cost me the $100 (95 or 99) to sign up. I wanted some products for myself so I bought some. Yes there was a little up sale but I don't regret it. So by the time I was done I was $350 in by the time I bought the products I wanted. I used these a samples as well. So over time I've bought $1500 dollars worth of products that I wanted to try on my own. I didn't have to invest any more as my uplines hold parties and presentations that I may bring my guests to so they can learn more about the business & the products instead of jumping right in. I now have 6 clients (PC's and IC's) and 4 or 5 more lined up. How big and fast your business builds is up to you. If I bought more of the products that I wasn't using I could might build a little faster but doing it my way I learn about the products. I see all of the promo items as a reality over time. Yes some have done it super quick but others have taken a little longer. I don't doubt down the road my outlook will be the same or better. So I can say my experience has bee totally different.

8 3 Reply
Bob

Jan 31 Toronto, Ontario

The products suck! Lots of ppl are getting rashes. Go buy some AVEDA and learn quickly the difference regarding quality!

2 3 Reply

Feb 24 Toronto, Ontario

The hair design engineer from Aveda quit and moved to Arbonne!

Trl

Dec 08, 2014 Garnerville, New York

I just signed up
I was not pressured into spending any amount if money only what I was comfortable with
The opportunity meeting was pleasant and no pressure.
I am about to have my second launch. I do understand my commission rate fluctuates. I get that I should be purchasing my makeup and essentials from the business I'm promoting. I have yet to see a commission check but I believe it is coming
Let's not *** on everyone else's parade. It's a great opportunity if you want to give it a shot. Never invest more than what you're comfortable with.

17 9 Reply
Mari

Dec 05, 2014

WOW!!! Sounds like you had a terrible experience!!! I'm so very sorry to hear that!!! You should have never been asked to spend $2,500…that is truly regretful! It costs $79 plus shipping and tax to start your business. The $2,500 would be the amount that you need to maintain a District Manager status on a monthly basis, which is solely your choice and should be maintained through sales, not your own purchases. It is not the custom to buy products that you will never use, that is against everything that Arbonne stands for. Instead, you can share products with your upline and only purchase products that you would use for your self or your family and share those products with others. If you are selling a product, there is no better way to know about it than to use it yourself. And although, it is true that you are required to have a minimum of $150 in PRV, this is again can be done through sales of the products. After all, if you are in business for yourself you would be selling a lot more than that each month. The ethics and choices we make, such as making copies at work are ours alone…what we can live with; as for others, I can't speak for their poor choices. At any rate, wanted to respectfully respond and help get the record straight!!!

20 6 Reply
Bethany

Dec 02, 2014 Toronto, Ontario

Maybe it is your opinion Anonymous from Hawthorn but it is really true. That is how many people who moved fast in ARbonne did here in Toronto. The line with AMy sky or Sue Cassidy pushed this method. Was invited to one of these and I left the party saying no thank-you. However, they use manipulative motives. So before you say the review is useless think again-are you making the millions probably not because that is not the method you were forced to do. It does happen and then it falls apart because the downline falls apart. That is why they are always recruiting. Glad I did not join this nonsense. I buy the product from these consultants who over bought stock online. Unopened and so much cheaper then being a consultant and no hassle at months end to keep buying volume. A load of ***

3 2 Reply

Dec 01, 2014 Hawthorn, Victoria County

That was the most useless review I have ever read, if you didn't won't to do you should have just said no! Like I did!! you only have yourself to blame

8 5 Reply
Arbonne IC

Nov 26, 2014 Toronto, Ontario

Sorry to hear you had a negative experience. Network Marketing Companies (NWM) are a great way to make money but you do have to work at it, just like any business, if you want to succeed. You can make money by selling products or by recruiting. Recruiting is where the money is.
You should never have to HOUND anyone for business. You offer a solution to a problem (always broke) and its up to them whether Arbonne or another networking marketing company is the right fit for them.
It takes about 100 No's to find your superstar.
To anonymous: Corporate North America, the Government - are all Pyramids.... one top dog, lots of workers. NWM gives YOU the opportunity to be the top dog.
NWM is not a scam - if you do the work, you will succeed

14 7 Reply

Nov 20, 2014 Kansas City, Missouri

It's a pyramid scheme no matter what they say. How do I know? I used to sell it years ago before the company went Bankrupt. That's right, bankrupt. Surprised they are back in business so fast.
If you love the products, use them, however; don't be fooled into the "starting your own business" or "consultant" etc.
You will lose a ton of money and any company that makes you pay upfront is something to question.

16 6 Reply
deccasarus

Nov 23, 2014 Doncaster, England

so would u sign up to me as i work for a firm called forever

Miss jac xo

Nov 18, 2014

Thank you god for your blog and posts you just saved me making the worst decision of my life !! Xx

12 3 Reply
anonymous

Nov 13, 2014

Ok, I'm starting to freak out a bit. Just started as a consultant and don't even have my kit yet! I used to do Mary Kay 30 years ago and flopped. Did it a year and never made money as I had to much inventory. I feel like this is almost the same ordeal! I've spent $130 so far $97 kit and $30 for boot camp. My 2 person party did about $300 so I may not make too much with 15% Ugh! Single mom now divorced making about 27k year and really just want a better life down the road. I'm not a big go getter and I'm not comfortable doing parties at a strangers home. Yes, we'll run out of our friends and family circle and then what? I hate being pushy and am 100% honest. What have I got myself into after reading all this. Help please?

2 1 Reply
Songbird

Nov 29, 2014 Coraopolis, Pennsylvania

Work the business..you will make money. ANY business you have to INVEST to get it off the ground. I LOVE Arbonne. I do NOT hassle my friends and family, I just TALK to people and INFORM them. I let THEM make their minds up if this business is right for them. IN order to be successful in anything in life you have to WORK. Rich people did not just get rich, they worked their butts off. If you stay in your COMFORT zone, you will get nowhere. So parties is uncomfortable for you GOOD! Do them over and over until you are comfortable being uncomfortable. You will make money. Every month my check goes up.

10 6 Reply
THEDUDE

Nov 30, 2014

How much have you been paid so far?

2 1 Reply
jenny

Jan 04 Lewiston, New York

the other people posting negative comments do not sound like salespersons. sounds like the need to take a few sales courses to understand behavior and techniques. they should have thought about their lack of selling ability prior to forking over any money. did they think this was a MAGICAL experience? no mickey mouse here.. work for it. duh.

1 5 Reply
Trl

Dec 08, 2014 Garnerville, New York

It's up to you. Set yourself up to win not fail. Work out of your comfort zone. You can't make tons of money simply by selling to your own circle. Yes. You need to speak up for yourself and present your product to many. Take ownership of your business
I've sold Kirby's and recently Lia Sophia. I embrace Arbonne for the marketing company it is. People are indeed making money and the products are great. Just be honest and fair and good things will happen
My 2 cents.

2 3 Reply
From Awkward to Confident

Dec 23, 2014 Oakbrook Terrace, Illinois

I am just like you. I am not pushy and would rather just let people say no, and I was running out of family and friends and decided wait I really want to be successful. I went to a vendor show to get some new contacts and bomb I have new networks again. Its ok to not be a salesman that's not what Arbonne is. We are a company that is here to serve others and love on them. Just be honest in believing in this company and yourself. If you don't know something just say your not sure, but you will look into it. I love this business because its not about scamming or making people consultants when they were unaware. Its for people who might not have a lot of cash and can make their way to the top of the business. And $300 for a 2 person party is awesome!! I have to say I started in the summer and doubted myself for awhile and almost joined another company, but my Arbonne family has stuck with me and now I am starting to gain confidence and my fear is slowing being broken down. It is awkward to go into other peoples homes, but just pray that you will stay safe and know that you will get a party off of a party. Go in confident and others will see the excitement and love for the business and join or book a party off of that. But, if you are starting to run out book a vendor show take down emails and phone numbers and call them with the door prize of a free spa party. Whats the worst that can happen they say no, that's ok. You can do it I love the business and just know that you are... Show more

5 2 Reply
Georgie

Jan 19

You need to stop thinking negatively. Go onto spotify or YouTube and listen to what eric worre has to say. Or Robert kiowzaki. Amazing! It will work for you if you want it to. You don't have to hassle anyone! Offer them a life-changing opportunity, if they say no, it's their loss. Leave it and move onto the next one. If your 'why' is big enough, which I daresay it would be being a single mother, you can do it, and it will change your life for the better.

0 1 Reply

Jan 27

Follow the recipe and give it time. If you haven't made it to DM in 7 months after 8 spas, reconsider.

21-40 of 606 comments

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.