Do NOT sign up for arbonne

Issue not resolved
Mar 14, 2012
review #304724

Well just over 5 months ago I was sucked into signing up for arbonne. I was given my golden bag and rather enjoyed the products, then the smooth talking consultant comes back to retrieve her bag and talk all about how you can earn extra money and how being your own boss is amazing, gives you the financial freedom you need, blah blah blah absolute ***!!!!! I thought I was a smart women, I went home did my research on the company, asked my sponsor a million and one questions prior to signing on and even came up with a budget for what I would like to invest financially into this business...well it seems my sponsor thought that amount was far too low so now i'm currently in quite the mess because the women ended up paying for the rest she " considered" reasonable to invest to get my personal qualifying volume up to par. ( makes me vomit just thinking about it)

Anyways about the company........they do these recruiting sessions with the NVP which is where they stuff a million vulnerable individuals (mostly women lets be serious) in a room and discuss how great arbonne has been for them and their friends and go on with their pathetic excuse for a power point presentation and talk about the massive cheques they keep getting in the mail for selling products we already need and use on a daily bases.....blah blah blah. I find it most hilarious that they do these recruiting sessions generally in the evening so usually right after work and yet they don't offer you a drink or a appetizer....NOTHING yet they are making $250,000 + a year. Oh and lets not forget they also hound you right afterwards to discuss the presentation and to sign on the dotted line. So not only are you starving but you must fork over a minimum in most cases $2,500.00 which will conviently be placed your high interest credit card.

If you think that you are selling arbonne products think again!!! This entire business is NOT one bit about selling it is about finding "builders" which means finding friends and family to hound to invest their hard earned cash into, so that inturn they too can hound people into multiplying the pyramid. After doing just one party when i first started i was excited but after selling a couple thousand dollars worth of product and being even further excited for my commission cheque to only find out that majority of the products sold were considered " business aids" and when you sign up preferred clients ( which they want you to do since it looks better and they pray that this person will convert to consultant status) that you only get a pathetic 15% profit on. And before you even begin to receive that lovely excuse of a commission cheque you have to maintain a 150 pqv which means you basically need to fork even more of your hard earned cash into the company to receive this bonafide cheque. These are all the little things they DON"T mention at these "recruiting sessions" which by the way they call DA Meetings in arbonne lingo. Also they expect you to invest a minimum of $2,500.00 for a whole lot of *** you don't need to " start your own business". Luckily I didn't invest that much but I invested enough. They also make you print off these prospecting folders they tell you to do it at work....yeah full colour and about 500 sheets since they want you to have enough for every single person at the party!! Well I work in a small office so that wasn't going to happen....$100 dollars later everything was printed and what a load of ***!! Oh and don't get sucked into purchasing the business cards they are awful and another poor investment on your part. So basically you have now spent $2,500.00 on products you don't need, plus around $100 for prospecting folders that you will hand out and get right back, plus $75.00 for business cards, plus your gas, plus your time = setting yourself for failure.

The one and only way to make money in this business is to hound every last person you know to purchase product and pray to the gods that they will also fork over their hard earned cash. I too only wish that they had these blogs that i am seeing today up here about what kind of business this company is running. These sponsors think they have hit the jacket when they finally get you to come on board and trust me they turn to *** when you are unsure or want out. Also from analyzing majority of the groups of arbonne families around me every last one of them that is actually making a decent coin off this are ALREADY wealthy!!! they ALLL have husbands that are very well off....these are stay at home moms that literally have nothing better to do with their time since they have maids and nannies which were already in the mix prior to signing onto arbonne. I feel sorry for the young girls just like myself that get sucked into the dream of wanting to make some extra cash when in the end i'm out a *** load of money!! Another few pointers they don't point out at these " recruiting sessions" with no food or drinks is that you really have to keep in perspective your time and money. You have to waste gas recruiting people, dropping off the gold bag, picking up the gold bag, hosting parties all over the city, going to these DA meetings.....its A LOT!!!! They are all liars that say it takes just a few hours of your time. Thats a load of SH**, I can't even tell you how much money I am out just from the gas and photo copies alone. All in all DON"T do it!!!! The products are digustingly overpriced for what they are, so good luck finding people that can even afford them. They specify all natural but i got a rash from quite a few of the products and i've done multiple allergy tests and none of the " natural" ingredients have I ever been allergic too in its original state. SO Beware!!!! And learn from everyone that is posting on this website. The arbonne community that is going to comment that I am a just a bitter women that didn't make money at this because i'm lazy or whatever excuse you may want to come up....save your breath! I am merely pointing out simple facts and I am rather angry what has happened to myself and others in the same situation. The only thing I actually got from this entire experience is that I will NEVER in my life do a MLM company and the biggest lesson of all trust no one! You must look out for yourself and yourself only since everyone is only in this for themselves so why bother wasting your time and money trying to get already wealthy people richer.

I truly hope that this reaches others!

Cheers

bd757bb
Had an experience with Arbonne?  Submit review ›
Is this your company? Learn about our business solutions
Nicola

Oct 12 Scotland, United Kingdom

Sounds like you haven't had a good experience but it seems Arbonne wasn't explained to you very well. As with anything if you want success you have to WORK at it. Clearly you expected a get rich quick business which we all know doesn't exist.

17 3 Reply
Sinead6

Oct 08 Southampton, England

I have just signed up and thankfully only paid the joining consultant fee which I better get back. At least I know now and will be leaving I had second thoughts but this woman was so nice what a shame

6 11 Reply

Oct 13

You're just going to take this one person's negative comment and quit because of it? If you sell products, you make money. If you don't sell products, you won't make money. It's as simple as that.

9 6 Reply

Oct 07

I'm sorry but nothing in life comes easy. Especially growing a business and making money. You can not buy these products, invest and not do any leg work or work very hard. You can't just "hound" family and friends to purchase these products. That's not what this is all about. It's about selling a product that you use yourself because you believe in them. Some things in life just aren't given to you, you have to work hard to be successful.

15 5 Reply
Tuesday

Sep 30 Ferndale, Washington

Ah this is so sad. I'm an independent consultant with Arbonne and have been for almost six months now. What you have written here is inaccurate in so many ways and I truly feel bad for you because I'm enjoying watching my business grow and I don't have a single person that I have signed up "under" me. I'm sorry it didn't work out for you!

24 13 Reply
not a whiney bitch

Sep 30

What a Whiney little brat you are. Wahhhhh I had to spend money to build a business. You don't have to pay employees, buy inventory, pay electricity, or other bills. Boo hooo you have to spend $150 or have a preferred client spend $150 a month to get a check. BFD!!!!! Arbonne is awesome and you are just a big *** baby! I am making tons of money....getting ultra premium products for very low prices and helping others do the same. You are whining because you were not successful....because you did not have belief....because of your fear and now it's Arbonne's fault? It is your fault for not picking up the phone. Enjoy 9-5 and stop blaming others for your failures.

17 15 Reply
Justine

Oct 02 San Diego, California

Wow- you sound like an evil witch!!!! Glad you are making money but maybe you should take a people building course and curb your ego a tad. Its witches like you that give Arbonne a bad name. Your name calling with profanities wasn't necessary which is why you deserved to be called an evil witch!!! No swearing but a reflection of who you are!!!! Guess you are too much of a coward to post and say who you are and where you are from. Wouldn't want to have you as an upline. Nasty!!!!!!!!

13 4 Reply
Twizzle

Sep 28

Well done for sharing. One of my friends tried to bully me into this as well. Endless talk about white mercedeses and 50,000 monthly salaries. She had to invest 2,000 as well on a sample kit to use for recruiting. I asked her the other day- 18 months later- if she was making money yet? She said "yes, not that much though, probably about 50". So in short she is down 1,950 after 18 months and still brainwashed enough to bore people to death about the " fantastic opportunity". I know several of her old friends avoid her because they do not want to hear about Arbonne and the rest talk behind her back. Arbonne is a pyramid scheme which is legal because there is a product sale integrated! No ifs and buts. Of course some people make money. So did some people in pyramid schemes. And do you make more money if you work hard (=harass all your friends and family and friends of these)? Yes, of course. Does that make it a great idea? No, certainly not for everyone. Personally i am disgusted with the way my friend is pushed and pushed by her sponsor to host parties that none of us want to go to. And to top it all of, the products are giving me rashes. The Arbonne sponsor openly talked badly about other products, among them Clarins which i have never had problems with. Yet 3 different Arbonne products has made my skin bumpy and inflamed. Doubt it is due to natural contents. And they are really expensive! Sorry Arbonne disciples, you can preach all you like but there is no disgusing the... Show more

10 5 Reply
DK

Oct 25

She's just making a point, a person claims to be making $250k+ and can't spring for some refreshments asking asking people to travel to hear her speak? I was a successful financial sales reps for years and always provided a nice lunch or dinner & drinks for my clients/prospects, sorry but it's what 'real' business owners do. There was also no obligation to stay or sign anything!

3 1 Reply
DK

Oct 25 Beverly Hills, California

She's just making a point, a person claims to be making $250k+ and can't spring for some refreshments after asking people to travel to hear her speak? I was a successful financial sales reps for years and always provided a nice lunch or dinner & drinks for my clients/prospects, sorry but it's what 'real' business owners do. There was also no obligation to stay or sign anything!

2 1 Reply

Sep 22

Well your experience sucks and sure hate to hear but thankfully I have had a great experience and I sure didnt have to invest any money but I enjoy making it!!

7 4 Reply
Annoyed1

Sep 21

My cousins have been sucked into this horse *** by one of the "big earners" a certain person who got her white Merc in 12 weeks. They have been dazzled with her £5000 pay check but my cousin adminted after spending hundreds she's only earnt £9, I'm glad I didn't have the money for the start up fee because it forced me to do some digging. What I found was hardly anyone actually makes anything from this business "cleaverly disguised pyrmid schme" and those who dare to disagree are shamed and labeled bitter. No thanks!

8 3 Reply
Sar

Sep 18 Bristol, England

You are completely right. My friends has joined up and they have told her she has to invest lots of money into it, she now goes round hounding her friends for business because she wants to make the money back. Hard to believe people are that deluded! They will soon realise and get a real job.

10 1 Reply

Sep 16 Ottawa, Ontario

THANK YOU! I thought about selling this because we are so tight on money but after reading your blog I'm going to spare myself the entire mess..

10 4 Reply

Nov 11

Gezzz same here I was thinking about doing this but I'm set with spending more money I don't have!

0 0 Reply

Sep 14 Vancouver, British Columbia

Upon researching, you would realize that network marketing is just that .Marketing to your network.... Anyway you can trash the company but no network marketing company gives you compensation for doing nothing. YOu have to work and work hard to make it pay off. Its called a work ethic which many people don't have. I don't believe anyone held a gun to your head to sign up or invest. The only reason you didn't see a commission check was because you didn't sell any product to speak of. Most money is made as you know by signing people up as consultants and helping them to get there business going. Training people, selling and working at it consistently. You need to quit blaming other people for your lack of success. You are 100% responsible for everything that happens to you. Stop putting out that negativity. Start being honest with yourself and you will find things in your life will turn around.

15 15 Reply
Sar

Sep 18 Bristol, England

LOL. Have fun in debt, get a real job! And btw your friends HATE you going on about arbonne and are all talking behind your back.

16 4 Reply
jesss1234

Aug 19 Ventura, California

You had a very rare, and unfortunate experience. Your sponsor sounds inexperienced and NOT like any of the others I've met before. No one makes you invest anything upfront. I started with $350 worth of things I genuinely wanted, used, and then began sharing them. I made district manager in 2 months and people thank me from the bottom of their hearts for sharing the products AND the business opportunity. And majority are not already wealthy people, they are those who have the fire, determination, and faith to succeed. They stay plugged in to their team and do something to benefit their business every. single. day. It's work. Every penny you spend on gas to go to a party, or a training, or money for copies, or even the lunch you had while discussing Arbonne is all considered part of your business expenses and are therefore a tax write off. MLM/Network marketing is recognized as the business model of the 21st century. Successful businessmen and economists will tell you it's the smartest way to leverage your time and money. Donald Trump, Robert Kiyosaki, Paul Zane Pilsner, Warren Buffet, Bill Gates, etc...

28 9 Reply

Aug 19

As an Arbonne Consultant, I am more enraged at the Arbonne consultants below who are commenting in such a hateful and angry way, than this post. CanadianEx, your experience is unfortunate. You were hungry and making decisions based on that and a dream for a better life. You did your homework researching product, however it is just as important reviewing the policies, the rules and guidelines.
Clearly, your training was minimal at best. That's why there are training calls, videos, webinars, etc. and I have QUICKLY learned to rely on training from these sources.
Investment is only $79.00 and I am sorry that you felt pressured to purchase more. Yes, having your own product lines is helpful, but most sponsors attend your first few meetings and are willing to bring their own. If yours didn't, you must have felt alone and overwhelmed. That had to suck!
As for networking, the protocol is to get out of your circle of family and friends as quickly as possible. You must have hated feeling that you had to hound them! MLM is not about hounding and I am sorry you felt that way. Have you read "Your First Year in Network Marketing" by Mark Yarnell and Rene Reid Yarnell? It is an excellent resource to new network marketers.
You make points that are quite valid for you and have impacted your life. You felt duped and taken advantage of.
The Arbonne community does not condone how you were made to feel and we encourage those starting out to really get good training, not only on
... Show more

31 8 Reply

21-40 of 554 comments

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

×
You were reading a complaint about Arbonne.
Filing a new complaint about
×