Do NOT sign up for arbonne

Well just over 5 months ago I was sucked into signing up for arbonne. I was given my golden bag and rather enjoyed the products, then the smooth talking consultant comes back to retrieve her bag and talk all about how you can earn extra money and how being your own boss is amazing, gives you the financial freedom you need, blah blah blah absolute ***!!!!! I thought I was a smart women, I went home did my research on the company, asked my sponsor a million and one questions prior to signing on and even came up with a budget for what I would like to invest financially into this business...well it seems my sponsor thought that amount was far too low so now i'm currently in quite the mess because the women ended up paying for the rest she " considered" reasonable to invest to get my personal qualifying volume up to par. ( makes me vomit just thinking about it)

Anyways about the company........they do these recruiting sessions with the NVP which is where they stuff a million vulnerable individuals (mostly women lets be serious) in a room and discuss how great arbonne has been for them and their friends and go on with their pathetic excuse for a power point presentation and talk about the massive cheques they keep getting in the mail for selling products we already need and use on a daily bases.....blah blah blah. I find it most hilarious that they do these recruiting sessions generally in the evening so usually right after work and yet they don't offer you a drink or a appetizer....NOTHING yet they are making $250,000 + a year. Oh and lets not forget they also hound you right afterwards to discuss the presentation and to sign on the dotted line. So not only are you starving but you must fork over a minimum in most cases $2,500.00 which will conviently be placed your high interest credit card.

If you think that you are selling arbonne products think again!!! This entire business is NOT one bit about selling it is about finding "builders" which means finding friends and family to hound to invest their hard earned cash into, so that inturn they too can hound people into multiplying the pyramid. After doing just one party when i first started i was excited but after selling a couple thousand dollars worth of product and being even further excited for my commission cheque to only find out that majority of the products sold were considered " business aids" and when you sign up preferred clients ( which they want you to do since it looks better and they pray that this person will convert to consultant status) that you only get a pathetic 15% profit on. And before you even begin to receive that lovely excuse of a commission cheque you have to maintain a 150 pqv which means you basically need to fork even more of your hard earned cash into the company to receive this bonafide cheque. These are all the little things they DON"T mention at these "recruiting sessions" which by the way they call DA Meetings in arbonne lingo. Also they expect you to invest a minimum of $2,500.00 for a whole lot of *** you don't need to " start your own business". Luckily I didn't invest that much but I invested enough. They also make you print off these prospecting folders they tell you to do it at work....yeah full colour and about 500 sheets since they want you to have enough for every single person at the party!! Well I work in a small office so that wasn't going to happen....$100 dollars later everything was printed and what a load of ***!! Oh and don't get sucked into purchasing the business cards they are awful and another poor investment on your part. So basically you have now spent $2,500.00 on products you don't need, plus around $100 for prospecting folders that you will hand out and get right back, plus $75.00 for business cards, plus your gas, plus your time = setting yourself for failure.

The one and only way to make money in this business is to hound every last person you know to purchase product and pray to the gods that they will also fork over their hard earned cash. I too only wish that they had these blogs that i am seeing today up here about what kind of business this company is running. These sponsors think they have hit the jacket when they finally get you to come on board and trust me they turn to *** when you are unsure or want out. Also from analyzing majority of the groups of arbonne families around me every last one of them that is actually making a decent coin off this are ALREADY wealthy!!! they ALLL have husbands that are very well off....these are stay at home moms that literally have nothing better to do with their time since they have maids and nannies which were already in the mix prior to signing onto arbonne. I feel sorry for the young girls just like myself that get sucked into the dream of wanting to make some extra cash when in the end i'm out a *** load of money!! Another few pointers they don't point out at these " recruiting sessions" with no food or drinks is that you really have to keep in perspective your time and money. You have to waste gas recruiting people, dropping off the gold bag, picking up the gold bag, hosting parties all over the city, going to these DA meetings.....its A LOT!!!! They are all liars that say it takes just a few hours of your time. Thats a load of SH**, I can't even tell you how much money I am out just from the gas and photo copies alone. All in all DON"T do it!!!! The products are digustingly overpriced for what they are, so good luck finding people that can even afford them. They specify all natural but i got a rash from quite a few of the products and i've done multiple allergy tests and none of the " natural" ingredients have I ever been allergic too in its original state. SO Beware!!!! And learn from everyone that is posting on this website. The arbonne community that is going to comment that I am a just a bitter women that didn't make money at this because i'm lazy or whatever excuse you may want to come up....save your breath! I am merely pointing out simple facts and I am rather angry what has happened to myself and others in the same situation. The only thing I actually got from this entire experience is that I will NEVER in my life do a MLM company and the biggest lesson of all trust no one! You must look out for yourself and yourself only since everyone is only in this for themselves so why bother wasting your time and money trying to get already wealthy people richer.

I truly hope that this reaches others!

Cheers

Helpful? 784 Yes 784 1541 No 1541
Had the same issue 479 Yes 479
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Login
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

May 26 #988319

Personally I don't care if it's a scam of not because becoming a consultant is not something I would ever do. However I wish people would stop posting on Facebook about it (if you it more than 3 times I unfollow or block you) and stop trying to get me to but this overpriced ***. Pushing your *** product on me is guaranteed to get me to stop asking you over/hanging out. People who do this are sooooooo irritating.

9 2 Reply

Jun 07 #992185 Miami, Florida

Absolutely. If I want a product I'll rea search it then go and find it. Stop pushing these crappy products on everyone. If people are posting or messaging about it on Facebook I unfollow all their posts or unfriend them ASAP.

3 0 Reply

May 23 #987949

This person that posted this is a dumb ***! Clearly does not understand network marketing. If you invested $2500 you are ***! To get started minimum you need to invest is about $400, one re9 set and a gold bag. I became a district manager at the end of my first month and went into area qualification at the end of my 3rd month. I have not done one party, but have sold products. All I do is 1:1 meetings and business launches for new consultants, that's it! If I did do parties, I guess I would be doing even better, but parties isn't my thing. This seems to be the case with alot of American uplines, if you are considering joining I recommend finding an Australian or English upline, they don't focus on parties more sharing the business opportunity. It's worked for me, I am stay at home Mum, and am now earning extra money every month and putting in very little time.

13 10 Reply

May 21 #987161

Mlm is NOT a pyramid business. Get educated before you criticize a whole group of legit business owners

13 11 Reply

May 18 #985942

Thx for sharing I really enjoyed reading your experience. I get approached by these reps all the time I've tried a few fifth avenue / it works and the results are I make a fool of myself trying to recruit friends and family. I refuse to join another pyramid type sales force again. Very few only survive. And the company still will profit even if you try it once or just sign up. The products of Arbonne work for me except the For the mask I break out. And they smell nice I have a girl I purchase them from but I can not get tied up into selling and putting in all the hours to host parties and beg for a sales team.

2 2 Reply

May 15 #984962

Get educate,and don't spread BS

5 13 Reply

May 15 #984898

Pyramid Scheme lol *** People by *** things. The products are marked up wwwwaaaayyyy to high for what it is. I looked at the products and yea they are good but honestly you can get the same things for over half off. Arbonne consultants will keep telling you that Arbonne is "Pure" and Natural from the earth. Technically everything that comes from the earth is "Pure" even chemicals lol. I tried their protein shakes as well as their pre work out and spent over 250 dollars. I went to sams club and got 3 months more and spent only 75 dollars and recieved the same result. I am not saying that Arbonne products are BAD, just people are buying into the name. It would be like me buying a hanes shirt for 5 bucks "drawing a nike logo on it" and selling it to an *** for 30 bucks.

12 5 Reply

Jun 02 #990953

whatever..........sour grapes. Bet you wouldn't complain if the Merc was in your garage..

3 5 Reply

May 15 #984668

So true! Everyone has gone mad if they believe this arbonne rubbish! But if people are happy to spend their money on it.... Let them.

5 4 Reply

May 04 #979797

I am laughing at this. You're 2 main points are money out of pocket and hounding people. But if you really asked your consultant "a million and one" questions you should have had the major ones answered such as....you can spend as much or as little on start up product as you want. For example: I spent $700 total. On consultant fee and product. Nowhere near your $2,500 (not even sure where you're pulling this number from since the 2 main Fast Start kits are valued at $1900 but new consultants get them for $1440). Everything in this company is optional, there is NOTHING you have to do and NO one specific amount you have to invest. But realize this it is just that...an investment. You don't start a company for nothing. And it's not going to be an easy million. You have to hit the pavement. Aaaaand you aren't hounding people. If that is the image you are picturing you are perhaps not cut out for this type of work. If you like the product and believe in it, you are simply sharing it with others. It shouldn't have to be forced, or you're doing something wrong. They have been around for 35 years, so sorry to say I think you're the one not doing things right if they have MANY consultants who are making in the 6 digits. They also sell all of their marketing tools at cost (and again these are optional). If you didn't have $2,500 to invest into a business you shouldn't have spent it. You are the only one to blame for putting that much money into an unknown venture. But like I said... Show more

20 15 Reply

May 04 #979671

lot of brain washed people out there,how much do they have to spend before can get the Mercedes and is it free or do they have too lease it or pay on it ect money in multi level marketing is made by selling a product worth a few cents a marking it up greatly which some of the mark up might come back too the seller similar too a chain letter or pyramid or a ponzi scene, take away the product and you have a pyramid scheme which if it was legal might make u a little more money then with the product, it might work for the wealthy as a tax right off or for those who can use it for an excuse too stay on welfare or uic, if your religious its sinful ,how manny have spent more then they made, at best a scam

5 3 Reply
Antiscam

May 04 #979662

I know people from similar marketiting scams also besides arbonne and had totally failed are still. ,extremely brain washed on how great it is, ,they basically need to be deprogrammed. There so brain washed ect and then they even mix in religion of some sort into the soup and politics, and a form of. illusion they call positive thinking thes scams should be ilegal

7 7 Reply

May 04 #979812

wow...this is hilarious. Note that Arbonne reps consist primarily of professionals/academics/intellectuals. I don't even understand what you are saying. It's a business. Not a cult. Just like a teacher/plumber/sales person. I know quite a few people (and am now constantly meeting more) who are consultants and they are some of the smartest people I know and am proud to be working along side them. If being a knowledgable consumer, or someone who cares about the products they use on their bodies, or wants to inform people of better options that don't cause cancer and other problems then well, dang it I guess I'm brainwashed too and didn't even know it. WTH! TAKE ME TO YOUR SHIP ARBONNE!!! (get a life)

12 12 Reply

May 23 #987746

Perhaps you should do some research before taking aim at this 'marketing scam'. You also need to check the spelling and grammar in your post if you want people to take you seriously.

1 6 Reply

May 01 #978711

How the *** is this company a scam???
You buy product, you get them shipped to your house, you use them and you buy more. I use Arbonne because I'm against animal testing and during chemo they were safe enough for me to use.
Sign up as a consultant, you work hard and you get paid. You don't have to harass your friends you can just ask them to refer you to some people who might be into healthier products. Last time I checked everyone has skin and hopefully everyone showers, you can just go up to any anyone walking down the street if you wanted to. BUTTT if you work half *** and don't expect much money from it.
I don't sell Arbonne I just use it, the stuff is awesome. My best friends mother sells it and she gets paid so it's obviously not a scam.
If people are actually looking to do this as an experience you should try it, and do some real research, not just blogs about opinions. I don't see what brainwashing has to do with any of this. Its a business you sell you get paid.

11 4 Reply

Jun 21 #997774 Perth, Western Australia

hate to tell you but you cant sell stuff that get put on your face or skin without animal testing, that Arbonne don't do it themselves is moot since the chemicals (yes they use chemicals) HAVE to be tested (sadly on animals, I think they should be tested on White Mercedes owners, sorry leasers ;)) somewhere down the line, end of.
Its a scam because selling product is secondary to `selling` the scam itself, they only have to sell 1 pot of whatever to avoid the technical definition of pyramid.

0 1 Reply

Apr 30 #978299

Just because you have one or two bad encounters with particular consultants is no reason to berate and defame the entire company...
There are many consultants within Arbonne who aim to help people!
And network marketing isn't about harassing your friends and family to buy of become your business builders... any decent upline would have told you this.

7 4 Reply
Antiscam

May 04 #979654

Yea right

1 1 Reply

Apr 27 #977347

I'm sorry that you just had such a horrible day and need to take it out on such a wonderful business! We do not brainwash people. I was actually able to retire my husband at 46! We help people! My team is filled with doctors, lawyers, single moms and even MEN! At first its always hard, isn't any job? You need to build a trusting team that will want to go all the way with you. Sorry you feel so poorly about such an amazing buisness that could do so much for you!

13 5 Reply

Apr 27 #977056

People may not know the biggest fact about arrbone , they can brainwash you and destroy your family life , in every family the problems between husband and wife but your you or your wife , specially womans will join arbonne after few years she will come out as a brainwashed person who thinks that she is going to be a very self dependent and leader and happy in her life without anyone and guess what she will ruin her family life and kids and sometimes becomes really selfish wouldn't think about nothing but her happiness because the way the they got their brainwashed techniques about changing lives , oh yeah woohoo , you just destroyed someone's family congratulations arbonne , way to go , so be careful ppl who join arbonne they can really screw up your life, I'm telling you from own experience.

3 9 Reply

21-40 of 685 comments

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.