Do NOT sign up for arbonne

Issue not resolved

Well just over 5 months ago I was sucked into signing up for arbonne. I was given my golden bag and rather enjoyed the products, then the smooth talking consultant comes back to retrieve her bag and talk all about how you can earn extra money and how being your own boss is amazing, gives you the financial freedom you need, blah blah blah absolute ***!!!!! I thought I was a smart women, I went home did my research on the company, asked my sponsor a million and one questions prior to signing on and even came up with a budget for what I would like to invest financially into this business...well it seems my sponsor thought that amount was far too low so now i'm currently in quite the mess because the women ended up paying for the rest she " considered" reasonable to invest to get my personal qualifying volume up to par. ( makes me vomit just thinking about it)

Anyways about the company........they do these recruiting sessions with the NVP which is where they stuff a million vulnerable individuals (mostly women lets be serious) in a room and discuss how great arbonne has been for them and their friends and go on with their pathetic excuse for a power point presentation and talk about the massive cheques they keep getting in the mail for selling products we already need and use on a daily bases.....blah blah blah. I find it most hilarious that they do these recruiting sessions generally in the evening so usually right after work and yet they don't offer you a drink or a appetizer....NOTHING yet they are making $250,000 + a year. Oh and lets not forget they also hound you right afterwards to discuss the presentation and to sign on the dotted line. So not only are you starving but you must fork over a minimum in most cases $2,500.00 which will conviently be placed your high interest credit card.

If you think that you are selling arbonne products think again!!! This entire business is NOT one bit about selling it is about finding "builders" which means finding friends and family to hound to invest their hard earned cash into, so that inturn they too can hound people into multiplying the pyramid. After doing just one party when i first started i was excited but after selling a couple thousand dollars worth of product and being even further excited for my commission cheque to only find out that majority of the products sold were considered " business aids" and when you sign up preferred clients ( which they want you to do since it looks better and they pray that this person will convert to consultant status) that you only get a pathetic 15% profit on. And before you even begin to receive that lovely excuse of a commission cheque you have to maintain a 150 pqv which means you basically need to fork even more of your hard earned cash into the company to receive this bonafide cheque. These are all the little things they DON"T mention at these "recruiting sessions" which by the way they call DA Meetings in arbonne lingo. Also they expect you to invest a minimum of $2,500.00 for a whole lot of *** you don't need to " start your own business". Luckily I didn't invest that much but I invested enough. They also make you print off these prospecting folders they tell you to do it at work....yeah full colour and about 500 sheets since they want you to have enough for every single person at the party!! Well I work in a small office so that wasn't going to happen....$100 dollars later everything was printed and what a load of ***!! Oh and don't get sucked into purchasing the business cards they are awful and another poor investment on your part. So basically you have now spent $2,500.00 on products you don't need, plus around $100 for prospecting folders that you will hand out and get right back, plus $75.00 for business cards, plus your gas, plus your time = setting yourself for failure.

The one and only way to make money in this business is to hound every last person you know to purchase product and pray to the gods that they will also fork over their hard earned cash. I too only wish that they had these blogs that i am seeing today up here about what kind of business this company is running. These sponsors think they have hit the jacket when they finally get you to come on board and trust me they turn to *** when you are unsure or want out. Also from analyzing majority of the groups of arbonne families around me every last one of them that is actually making a decent coin off this are ALREADY wealthy!!! they ALLL have husbands that are very well off....these are stay at home moms that literally have nothing better to do with their time since they have maids and nannies which were already in the mix prior to signing onto arbonne. I feel sorry for the young girls just like myself that get sucked into the dream of wanting to make some extra cash when in the end i'm out a *** load of money!! Another few pointers they don't point out at these " recruiting sessions" with no food or drinks is that you really have to keep in perspective your time and money. You have to waste gas recruiting people, dropping off the gold bag, picking up the gold bag, hosting parties all over the city, going to these DA meetings.....its A LOT!!!! They are all liars that say it takes just a few hours of your time. Thats a load of SH**, I can't even tell you how much money I am out just from the gas and photo copies alone. All in all DON"T do it!!!! The products are digustingly overpriced for what they are, so good luck finding people that can even afford them. They specify all natural but i got a rash from quite a few of the products and i've done multiple allergy tests and none of the " natural" ingredients have I ever been allergic too in its original state. SO Beware!!!! And learn from everyone that is posting on this website. The arbonne community that is going to comment that I am a just a bitter women that didn't make money at this because i'm lazy or whatever excuse you may want to come up....save your breath! I am merely pointing out simple facts and I am rather angry what has happened to myself and others in the same situation. The only thing I actually got from this entire experience is that I will NEVER in my life do a MLM company and the biggest lesson of all trust no one! You must look out for yourself and yourself only since everyone is only in this for themselves so why bother wasting your time and money trying to get already wealthy people richer.

I truly hope that this reaches others!

Cheers

f383927 review #304724
633 Helpful? 1412
Had the same issue264 Comments588 Report
Had an experience with Arbonne?  Submit review about this company
From Awkward to Confident

Dec 23, 2014 Oakbrook Terrace, Illinois

I am just like you. I am not pushy and would rather just let people say no, and I was running out of family and friends and decided wait I really want to be successful. I went to a vendor show to get some new contacts and bomb I have new networks again. Its ok to not be a salesman that's not what Arbonne is. We are a company that is here to serve others and love on them. Just be honest in believing in this company and yourself. If you don't know something just say your not sure, but you will look into it. I love this business because its not about scamming or making people consultants when they were unaware. Its for people who might not have a lot of cash and can make their way to the top of the business. And $300 for a 2 person party is awesome!! I have to say I started in the summer and doubted myself for awhile and almost joined another company, but my Arbonne family has stuck with me and now I am starting to gain confidence and my fear is slowing being broken down. It is awkward to go into other peoples homes, but just pray that you will stay safe and know that you will get a party off of a party. Go in confident and others will see the excitement and love for the business and join or book a party off of that. But, if you are starting to run out book a vendor show take down emails and phone numbers and call them with the door prize of a free spa party. Whats the worst that can happen they say no, that's ok. You can do it I love the business and just know that you are... Show more

4 2 Reply
Georgie

Jan 19

You need to stop thinking negatively. Go onto spotify or YouTube and listen to what eric worre has to say. Or Robert kiowzaki. Amazing! It will work for you if you want it to. You don't have to hassle anyone! Offer them a life-changing opportunity, if they say no, it's their loss. Leave it and move onto the next one. If your 'why' is big enough, which I daresay it would be being a single mother, you can do it, and it will change your life for the better.

0 0 Reply

Jan 27

Follow the recipe and give it time. If you haven't made it to DM in 7 months after 8 spas, reconsider.

0 0 Reply
Deanna

Nov 11, 2014 Toronto, Ontario

I find the comments funny. ARbonne is not number 3!!! They are not even at a billion dollars. The closest they came to a billion was in 2006. 900 million and it was only really in the US back then.
NOw they are only at 300 million and it's 2014. They are now in more countries and the sales are not even close. They still are in debt from the amended bankruptcy in 2010.

MAYER

Nov 08, 2014

AWESOME Arbonne best thing that has happened in my life finished my 9 to 5 6 day week,
doing over a 100k income, amazing product, lifestyle, with life so much easier...
Just have a go the sky is the limit.....

7 12 Reply
arbonnelife4ever

Nov 07, 2014

Also If Arbonne is SUCH a scam like you say it is why is it EVERYWHERE NOW. It is only growing and it's is got the name of being the number 3 MLM COMPANY IN THE WORLD

3 11 Reply

Nov 05, 2014 San Francisco, California

As in all pyramid schemes, the incomes of those distributors at the top and the profits to the sponsoring corporations come from a continuous influx of new investors at the bottom. Viewed superficially in terms of company profits and the wealth of an elite group at the pinnacle of the MLM industry, the model can appear viable to the uninformed, just as all pyramid schemes do before they collapse or are exposed by authorities.
Deceptive marketing that ably plays upon treasured cultural beliefs, social and personal needs, and some economic trends account for MLM's growth, rather than its ability to meet any consumer needs. The deceptive marketing is nurtured by a general lack of professional evaluation or investigation by reputable business media. Consequently, a popular delusion is supported that MLM is a viable business investment or career choice for nearly everyone and the odds of financial success in the venture are comparable or better than other trades, professions, employment or business ventures.
MLM's true constituency is not the consuming public but rather hopeful investors. The market for these investors grows significantly in times of economic transition, globalization and employee displacement. Promises of quick and easy financial deliverance and the beguiling association of wealth with ultimate happiness also play well in this market setting. The marketing thrust of MLM is accordingly directed to prospective distributors, rather than product promotions to
... Show more

8 4 Reply

Nov 05, 2014 San Francisco, California

MLM companies will always be MLM companies. you cannot make money long term because you have to constantly recruit new people in order to make the money. its nothing about the product, but more about buying the marketing tools, books, tapes, meetings, parties, and recruit recruit recruit. give me an example of anyone who has made lots of money just from selling the product. that is how a normal company works, its all about the demand for the product. starbucks doesnt make money recruiting people, they make money producing good quality coffee for the price the market is willing to pay. if arbonne is more expensive than the products i get at whole foods, which are natural, chemical free and these companies have been around for 30 yrs, no way you are going to keep your customers. I went to an MLM coffee company that had an herb in it which they claimed cured diabetes, cancer, weight loss, and it would cost 35 per month per person for these coffee packets. who the *** spends 70 dollars a month on coffee for me and my husband. i dont care if it turns me into jennifer lopez, that is insane. so how do you expect to compete with pete's , starbucks, folgers, SFBay company seattle best, ecc ecc when their coffee is 1/10 of the cost and we know how good starbucks and pete's coffee really is. it was all about recruiting. so you can put amway's name on it, mark kay, arbonne, melaluca, whatever, its always the same structure PYRAMID SCHEME, THAT is why the executives left... Show more

6 3 Reply

Nov 03, 2014

What sort of business that sells products makes it a priority to flood the local market with competitors?
And who, running their own business, has a "supervisor"?
Work hard in any job and you will get a reward, most jobs you don't have to alienate yourself from those close to you either.......

Jean

Nov 03, 2014

I am a consultant and have been very successful in this business. You very briefly touched on the products which you say you "enjoyed them" but no one can argue these products are amazing and walk the walk. I receive about 500 a month and have been selling the products for about 3 years. Not sure why you are so bitter, if you made a poor business decision, that is on you. For me, I work full time and fit this into my time. You say hounding? but this is a network marking company and yes, you have to make calls and reach out but each time you do, you reach into someone else network.

7 6 Reply
Kate

Oct 27, 2014

Thank you for your post!! I considered to join the Arbonne community, but now I know for sure that I won't. Thanks for sharing your experience.
All the best,
Kate

6 6 Reply

Oct 30, 2014

You read through that entire post and that was all you had to say?

Hunee babee

Nov 01, 2014

Seriously???

2 1 Reply
tayla

Oct 25, 2014 Gold Coast, Queensland

Reading this was absolutely disgraceful! I am an arbonne Consultant, and i only paid $105- fee. And WAS NOT pressured by my sponsor to join nor invest any money! I simply WANTED too.. And i bought the products i had always used for myself and these were what i was going to focus on selling as i knew they worked from experience.
Arbonne has been such an amazing experience for me so far - every single person even the NVP's are so lovely and willing to help anyone, they are just a message away. The meetings are great and have loads of food and drinks! We talk about what specials and promotions are coming up and we deffinately dont tell anyone to join. Maybe its different everywhere else but in Australia its great.

14 11 Reply
WatchTheArbonitesFlameThis

Nov 01, 2014

So how do you get your samples? You don't pay for them? This site is full of Arbonne zombies who just go around and try and counter any negative posts about the company. It is a pyramid with a twist, sad sad people who go around the web touting how great it is when most people don't make anything off this. Watch and see how this is flamed by the trolls who state " you have to work hard to make money". Yes you do in a real job. The Arbonne way is to sign up as many people you can who have to pay fees, initial to be a consultant and renewals, and buy samples, all of which feeds the top before any real sales are made. Ahh but this is investment they say, total BS.

7 2 Reply
Jean

Nov 03, 2014

Pyramid schemes are illegal and only involve money. Arbonne has a step promoting process where only you can hold yourself back. You get back what you put into it. I've met some very successful people in Arbonne. I do not make a million dollars but a few hundred bucks a month does help.

6 3 Reply

Nov 05, 2014 San Francisco, California

exactly, just replace arbonne with amway and the comments are always the same about how lazy we are, or we dont know how to sell blah blah blah!!!! look at the losses of herbalife.sept 2014 business insider: Shares of Herbalife are down more than 25% since Stiritz first disclosed his position. So far this year, they're down more than 49%.
Based on our rough estimates using the closing price of the days when he disclosed his stakes, Stiritz has experienced an estimated $145 million in paper losses on his Herbalife investment.

1 0 Reply

21-40 of 588 comments

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

×
You were reading a complaint about Arbonne.
Filing a new complaint about
×