Do NOT sign up for arbonne

Well just over 5 months ago I was sucked into signing up for arbonne. I was given my golden bag and rather enjoyed the products, then the smooth talking consultant comes back to retrieve her bag and talk all about how you can earn extra money and how being your own boss is amazing, gives you the financial freedom you need, blah blah blah absolute ***!!!!! I thought I was a smart women, I went home did my research on the company, asked my sponsor a million and one questions prior to signing on and even came up with a budget for what I would like to invest financially into this business...well it seems my sponsor thought that amount was far too low so now i'm currently in quite the mess because the women ended up paying for the rest she " considered" reasonable to invest to get my personal qualifying volume up to par. ( makes me vomit just thinking about it)

Anyways about the company........they do these recruiting sessions with the NVP which is where they stuff a million vulnerable individuals (mostly women lets be serious) in a room and discuss how great arbonne has been for them and their friends and go on with their pathetic excuse for a power point presentation and talk about the massive cheques they keep getting in the mail for selling products we already need and use on a daily bases.....blah blah blah. I find it most hilarious that they do these recruiting sessions generally in the evening so usually right after work and yet they don't offer you a drink or a appetizer....NOTHING yet they are making $250,000 + a year. Oh and lets not forget they also hound you right afterwards to discuss the presentation and to sign on the dotted line. So not only are you starving but you must fork over a minimum in most cases $2,500.00 which will conviently be placed your high interest credit card.

If you think that you are selling arbonne products think again!!! This entire business is NOT one bit about selling it is about finding "builders" which means finding friends and family to hound to invest their hard earned cash into, so that inturn they too can hound people into multiplying the pyramid. After doing just one party when i first started i was excited but after selling a couple thousand dollars worth of product and being even further excited for my commission cheque to only find out that majority of the products sold were considered " business aids" and when you sign up preferred clients ( which they want you to do since it looks better and they pray that this person will convert to consultant status) that you only get a pathetic 15% profit on. And before you even begin to receive that lovely excuse of a commission cheque you have to maintain a 150 pqv which means you basically need to fork even more of your hard earned cash into the company to receive this bonafide cheque. These are all the little things they DON"T mention at these "recruiting sessions" which by the way they call DA Meetings in arbonne lingo. Also they expect you to invest a minimum of $2,500.00 for a whole lot of *** you don't need to " start your own business". Luckily I didn't invest that much but I invested enough. They also make you print off these prospecting folders they tell you to do it at work....yeah full colour and about 500 sheets since they want you to have enough for every single person at the party!! Well I work in a small office so that wasn't going to happen....$100 dollars later everything was printed and what a load of ***!! Oh and don't get sucked into purchasing the business cards they are awful and another poor investment on your part. So basically you have now spent $2,500.00 on products you don't need, plus around $100 for prospecting folders that you will hand out and get right back, plus $75.00 for business cards, plus your gas, plus your time = setting yourself for failure.

The one and only way to make money in this business is to hound every last person you know to purchase product and pray to the gods that they will also fork over their hard earned cash. I too only wish that they had these blogs that i am seeing today up here about what kind of business this company is running. These sponsors think they have hit the jacket when they finally get you to come on board and trust me they turn to *** when you are unsure or want out. Also from analyzing majority of the groups of arbonne families around me every last one of them that is actually making a decent coin off this are ALREADY wealthy!!! they ALLL have husbands that are very well off....these are stay at home moms that literally have nothing better to do with their time since they have maids and nannies which were already in the mix prior to signing onto arbonne. I feel sorry for the young girls just like myself that get sucked into the dream of wanting to make some extra cash when in the end i'm out a *** load of money!! Another few pointers they don't point out at these " recruiting sessions" with no food or drinks is that you really have to keep in perspective your time and money. You have to waste gas recruiting people, dropping off the gold bag, picking up the gold bag, hosting parties all over the city, going to these DA meetings.....its A LOT!!!! They are all liars that say it takes just a few hours of your time. Thats a load of SH**, I can't even tell you how much money I am out just from the gas and photo copies alone. All in all DON"T do it!!!! The products are digustingly overpriced for what they are, so good luck finding people that can even afford them. They specify all natural but i got a rash from quite a few of the products and i've done multiple allergy tests and none of the " natural" ingredients have I ever been allergic too in its original state. SO Beware!!!! And learn from everyone that is posting on this website. The arbonne community that is going to comment that I am a just a bitter women that didn't make money at this because i'm lazy or whatever excuse you may want to come up....save your breath! I am merely pointing out simple facts and I am rather angry what has happened to myself and others in the same situation. The only thing I actually got from this entire experience is that I will NEVER in my life do a MLM company and the biggest lesson of all trust no one! You must look out for yourself and yourself only since everyone is only in this for themselves so why bother wasting your time and money trying to get already wealthy people richer.

I truly hope that this reaches others!

Cheers

review #304724
1527 767 Helpful?
Had the same issue457 Comments674
Had an experience with Arbonne?  Submit review about this company
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Login
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan
Antiscam

May 04 #979662

I know people from similar marketiting scams also besides arbonne and had totally failed are still. ,extremely brain washed on how great it is, ,they basically need to be deprogrammed. There so brain washed ect and then they even mix in religion of some sort into the soup and politics, and a form of. illusion they call positive thinking thes scams should be ilegal

7 6 Reply

May 04 #979812

wow...this is hilarious. Note that Arbonne reps consist primarily of professionals/academics/intellectuals. I don't even understand what you are saying. It's a business. Not a cult. Just like a teacher/plumber/sales person. I know quite a few people (and am now constantly meeting more) who are consultants and they are some of the smartest people I know and am proud to be working along side them. If being a knowledgable consumer, or someone who cares about the products they use on their bodies, or wants to inform people of better options that don't cause cancer and other problems then well, dang it I guess I'm brainwashed too and didn't even know it. WTH! TAKE ME TO YOUR SHIP ARBONNE!!! (get a life)

12 11 Reply

May 23 #987746

Perhaps you should do some research before taking aim at this 'marketing scam'. You also need to check the spelling and grammar in your post if you want people to take you seriously.

1 5 Reply

May 01 #978711

How the *** is this company a scam???
You buy product, you get them shipped to your house, you use them and you buy more. I use Arbonne because I'm against animal testing and during chemo they were safe enough for me to use.
Sign up as a consultant, you work hard and you get paid. You don't have to harass your friends you can just ask them to refer you to some people who might be into healthier products. Last time I checked everyone has skin and hopefully everyone showers, you can just go up to any anyone walking down the street if you wanted to. BUTTT if you work half *** and don't expect much money from it.
I don't sell Arbonne I just use it, the stuff is awesome. My best friends mother sells it and she gets paid so it's obviously not a scam.
If people are actually looking to do this as an experience you should try it, and do some real research, not just blogs about opinions. I don't see what brainwashing has to do with any of this. Its a business you sell you get paid.

10 3 Reply

Jun 21 #997774 Perth, Western Australia

hate to tell you but you cant sell stuff that get put on your face or skin without animal testing, that Arbonne don't do it themselves is moot since the chemicals (yes they use chemicals) HAVE to be tested (sadly on animals, I think they should be tested on White Mercedes owners, sorry leasers ;)) somewhere down the line, end of.
Its a scam because selling product is secondary to `selling` the scam itself, they only have to sell 1 pot of whatever to avoid the technical definition of pyramid.

0 0 Reply

Apr 30 #978299

Just because you have one or two bad encounters with particular consultants is no reason to berate and defame the entire company...
There are many consultants within Arbonne who aim to help people!
And network marketing isn't about harassing your friends and family to buy of become your business builders... any decent upline would have told you this.

7 3 Reply
Antiscam

May 04 #979654

Yea right

0 1 Reply

Apr 27 #977347

I'm sorry that you just had such a horrible day and need to take it out on such a wonderful business! We do not brainwash people. I was actually able to retire my husband at 46! We help people! My team is filled with doctors, lawyers, single moms and even MEN! At first its always hard, isn't any job? You need to build a trusting team that will want to go all the way with you. Sorry you feel so poorly about such an amazing buisness that could do so much for you!

13 4 Reply

Apr 27 #977056

People may not know the biggest fact about arrbone , they can brainwash you and destroy your family life , in every family the problems between husband and wife but your you or your wife , specially womans will join arbonne after few years she will come out as a brainwashed person who thinks that she is going to be a very self dependent and leader and happy in her life without anyone and guess what she will ruin her family life and kids and sometimes becomes really selfish wouldn't think about nothing but her happiness because the way the they got their brainwashed techniques about changing lives , oh yeah woohoo , you just destroyed someone's family congratulations arbonne , way to go , so be careful ppl who join arbonne they can really screw up your life, I'm telling you from own experience.

3 9 Reply

May 01 #978874

What are you talking about????? If someone allows a business to "ruin" their family that responsibility is on them!

4 1 Reply

Apr 26 #976887

Arbonne is a disgrace sucking people in because of money money money, friends and family are far more important Arbonne you should be ashamed lets be real if its that good it can't be real.
Just hope this stops anybody considering it.

4 6 Reply

May 04 #979800

honey,
money is what makes the world go round. And that's why people are motivated to it. And it's whole mantra is that it can free you up from working 40+ hours a week to spend more time with your family.

3 0 Reply

Apr 18 #973625 Toronto, Ontario

Thanks for being honest and your experience. I will stay away!!!!

1 3 Reply

Apr 23 #975970

Wow - I cannot believe that anyone would believe someone who 'rants" to get attention or maybe had a bad day or whatever - sad that she feels the way she does - that is NOT how we run our businesses - and for your sake, do not let one negative, explosive person decide what YOU should do with your life. I had a terrible perception of Network Marketing until I got educated - and then I realized how brilliant this is and have seen first hand how it has helped soooo many. Doctors, Lawyers, Trainers, Stay at Home moms, Single Moms and Dads, EMS workers, Police men and women and every other career - does this on the side. We HELP people. Just time to educate yourself instead of listening to this kind of slander.

9 3 Reply

Apr 18 #973564 Manchester, Manchester

What a load of old rubbish there a 35 year old company who are in the middle of there annual convention in Las Vegas with 18000 people shame that you couldn't take on the opportunity and be so negative which is why a business would never work for you!

20 8 Reply

Apr 23 #975845

I know a couple of people who are in this business, (one dropped out eventually) and in every conversation they talk about Arbonne and trying to get you sucked into there world. In the end I didn't bother with these people as I didn't have anything left in common. I would rather stick to my job, which I enjoy. These people are clearly brainwashed. They need to get a proper job and get a life!

2 4 Reply

Apr 26 #976947

I also know someone in this job, my sister-in-law. She doesn't really talk about Arbonne, we talk about our kids, our families and pretty much everything else that people talk about. She may talk about her job, but so does my wife (who is a teacher). My wife has never been recruited, or had any pressure to join Arbonne or sell any of their products. Yes, she does buy a few products to help my sister-in-law but that is about as far as it goes. Where do you get this brainwashing idea from? I am curious since my wife still obviously enjoys her work as a teacher. As for a proper job, my sister-in-law has become a regional manager, has received a promotion and is now making more money than her husband (my brother) who has a doctorate in math. The fact that she worked hard and is now the main bread winner for her family would be considered admirable, not someone who 'needs' to get a 'proper' job.

10 1 Reply

May 04 #979805

LOVE IT! what a great story of success. And I'm not sure why people are hopping all over the 'brainwashed' wagon (not sure what that is all about). But just like I wanted to be a teacher and realized that wasn't for me, i switched to another industry. And that is the same with network marketing. It's not for everyone, and some people have to try it to realize it's not well suited. That doesn't mean it's a total scam, or a money hungry corporate evil giant sucking everyone's money, and rubbing there hands together, laughing evily....MUAHAHAHAHA! seriously people....if someone failed at plumbing/law/medical/teaching/accounting/trades/etc and left that industry for another you wouldn't rag all over that industry being like " GAH! IT"S A SCAM!!! they're all brainwashed. It's all a load of *** ....followed by multiple expletives".

0 0

May 01 #978876

LOL!!! Brainwashed! Proper Job??!! ahahahaha you crack me up!!

0 2 Reply

Apr 17 #973184 Fuzhou, Fujian

I am in the business and I am so sorry to hear about your experience. My sponsor and those connected to her have done nothing to pressure me into the amount of sales that I earn a month or the amount of money that I invest in the business. I paid $79 to start and my sponsor even let me use her products for the facials I had until I got paid. I wish you didn't have such a negative experience because it is worth paying $79 just to get the 35% off a year. No one I know that is in the business has had an experience like this one. I apologize on behalf of the Arbonne community. As for the woman from Rochester, she sounds like a very rude, snobby lady and I apologize for that comment, too. I don't understand how someone who says the "community of women uplift each other" when she is obviously trying to put you down. The good thing about Arbonne is that you don't have to reach a certain goal in sales a month or a certain amount of new clients or consultants a month. It is entirely in your hands the way you handle your business. I can't believe the consultants in your upline aren't promoting that lifestyle because that is the main reason I joined. My business is flourishing and the best part is, it is up to me where and how far I go. Regardless of your experience, I hope that you at least enjoyed the products because they are nothing like anything else and I truly believe they are top of the line.

9 2 Reply

21-40 of 674 comments

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.