Do NOT sign up for arbonne

Well just over 5 months ago I was sucked into signing up for arbonne. I was given my golden bag and rather enjoyed the products, then the smooth talking consultant comes back to retrieve her bag and talk all about how you can earn extra money and how being your own boss is amazing, gives you the financial freedom you need, blah blah blah absolute ***!!!!! I thought I was a smart women, I went home did my research on the company, asked my sponsor a million and one questions prior to signing on and even came up with a budget for what I would like to invest financially into this business...well it seems my sponsor thought that amount was far too low so now i'm currently in quite the mess because the women ended up paying for the rest she " considered" reasonable to invest to get my personal qualifying volume up to par. ( makes me vomit just thinking about it)

Anyways about the company........they do these recruiting sessions with the NVP which is where they stuff a million vulnerable individuals (mostly women lets be serious) in a room and discuss how great arbonne has been for them and their friends and go on with their pathetic excuse for a power point presentation and talk about the massive cheques they keep getting in the mail for selling products we already need and use on a daily bases.....blah blah blah. I find it most hilarious that they do these recruiting sessions generally in the evening so usually right after work and yet they don't offer you a drink or a appetizer....NOTHING yet they are making $250,000 + a year. Oh and lets not forget they also hound you right afterwards to discuss the presentation and to sign on the dotted line. So not only are you starving but you must fork over a minimum in most cases $2,500.00 which will conviently be placed your high interest credit card.

If you think that you are selling arbonne products think again!!! This entire business is NOT one bit about selling it is about finding "builders" which means finding friends and family to hound to invest their hard earned cash into, so that inturn they too can hound people into multiplying the pyramid. After doing just one party when i first started i was excited but after selling a couple thousand dollars worth of product and being even further excited for my commission cheque to only find out that majority of the products sold were considered " business aids" and when you sign up preferred clients ( which they want you to do since it looks better and they pray that this person will convert to consultant status) that you only get a pathetic 15% profit on. And before you even begin to receive that lovely excuse of a commission cheque you have to maintain a 150 pqv which means you basically need to fork even more of your hard earned cash into the company to receive this bonafide cheque. These are all the little things they DON"T mention at these "recruiting sessions" which by the way they call DA Meetings in arbonne lingo. Also they expect you to invest a minimum of $2,500.00 for a whole lot of *** you don't need to " start your own business". Luckily I didn't invest that much but I invested enough. They also make you print off these prospecting folders they tell you to do it at work....yeah full colour and about 500 sheets since they want you to have enough for every single person at the party!! Well I work in a small office so that wasn't going to happen....$100 dollars later everything was printed and what a load of ***!! Oh and don't get sucked into purchasing the business cards they are awful and another poor investment on your part. So basically you have now spent $2,500.00 on products you don't need, plus around $100 for prospecting folders that you will hand out and get right back, plus $75.00 for business cards, plus your gas, plus your time = setting yourself for failure.

The one and only way to make money in this business is to hound every last person you know to purchase product and pray to the gods that they will also fork over their hard earned cash. I too only wish that they had these blogs that i am seeing today up here about what kind of business this company is running. These sponsors think they have hit the jacket when they finally get you to come on board and trust me they turn to *** when you are unsure or want out. Also from analyzing majority of the groups of arbonne families around me every last one of them that is actually making a decent coin off this are ALREADY wealthy!!! they ALLL have husbands that are very well off....these are stay at home moms that literally have nothing better to do with their time since they have maids and nannies which were already in the mix prior to signing onto arbonne. I feel sorry for the young girls just like myself that get sucked into the dream of wanting to make some extra cash when in the end i'm out a *** load of money!! Another few pointers they don't point out at these " recruiting sessions" with no food or drinks is that you really have to keep in perspective your time and money. You have to waste gas recruiting people, dropping off the gold bag, picking up the gold bag, hosting parties all over the city, going to these DA meetings.....its A LOT!!!! They are all liars that say it takes just a few hours of your time. Thats a load of SH**, I can't even tell you how much money I am out just from the gas and photo copies alone. All in all DON"T do it!!!! The products are digustingly overpriced for what they are, so good luck finding people that can even afford them. They specify all natural but i got a rash from quite a few of the products and i've done multiple allergy tests and none of the " natural" ingredients have I ever been allergic too in its original state. SO Beware!!!! And learn from everyone that is posting on this website. The arbonne community that is going to comment that I am a just a bitter women that didn't make money at this because i'm lazy or whatever excuse you may want to come up....save your breath! I am merely pointing out simple facts and I am rather angry what has happened to myself and others in the same situation. The only thing I actually got from this entire experience is that I will NEVER in my life do a MLM company and the biggest lesson of all trust no one! You must look out for yourself and yourself only since everyone is only in this for themselves so why bother wasting your time and money trying to get already wealthy people richer.

I truly hope that this reaches others!

Cheers

117050a2 review #304724
1446 671 Helpful?
Had the same issue327 Comments622
Had an experience with Arbonne?  Submit review about this company
Is it your business?
Respond to your customers as verified company representative.
Apply for free plan

Feb 18 Toronto, Ontario

HAhahaha please stop lying.

8 3 Reply
Gigi

Feb 24 Paris, Ile-De-France

Propaganda from an Arbonne troll. Do not believe this.

5 0 Reply

Feb 12

I signed up about 6 months ago and I haven't had a great experience. Arbonne's customer service is terrible! They don't respond to emails, if you call you're on hold for at least 30 minutes.
But I wasn't even asked to invest anything, you have to pay to sign up, but you get a free product.
And all you need are the products you want to let people sample at the parties, then you place an order for the products the people at the party want. You don't carry inventory (unless you want to) so there's no reason to invest anything and definitely not $2,500...

9 0 Reply
Radek

Feb 05 Guelph, Ontario

I swear you people are brainwashed, I want to vomit when I hear about your garbage company. It's a pyramid scheme, you people areally so dumb...

11 3 Reply

Feb 19 Joplin, Missouri

PLEASE email me and tell me HOW Arbonne is a pyramid scheme!! I am thinking about signing up and want to know! bethanyann1989@gmail.com

0 0 Reply

Feb 20 Trenton, New Jersey

Arbonne is not a pyramid scheme. Don't listen to uneducated people on the internet. Look up the definition of a pyramid scheme. There is no product or service provided. There's no way "to the top" because only the top person gets wealthy. This is a MLM company (multi-level marketing). Donald Trump does MLM. All companies are MLM. For Arbonne, they take out the "middle man" and use consultants to sell their products. They are not paying a company to distribute it into stores. People buy products from a independent consultant and it's shipped straight from Arbonne's warehouse. I joined last week and I'm District Manager in qual. I personally know people in my upline that was able to quit their job because it matched their salary and was able to spend more time with their family. This because is all about networking! It takes time, determination, and perseverance to build a business. I'm also a full time biology/radiology student. Don't expect to get rich fast and think you don't have to make an effort. Anyone that tells you MLM is a pyramid scheme doesn't know what they are talking about. Do your research about the differences between the two. Use sources that aren't from sites about a "pissedcustomer". They will obviously have nothing good to say because they are here to complain.
On another note: I actually called their customer service number today and spent 1 min wait time on the phone and they were very polite to me. Almost too polite (if that's even possible).

8 8 Reply
RooRoo

Mar 05

"MLM" is a pyramid scheme, with some products thrown in to make it technically legal. End of.

4 1
burnt

Mar 04 Whitehorse, Yukon Territory

When you are required to ask your friends to work for you and its is the only way to make the 15% then its a pyramid scam, instead of checking your email, do a basic google search for the definition.

1 0 Reply

Mar 01

Pyramid Schemes are illegal. Arbonne has been around for 35 years. If they were a pyramid scheme (which they totally are not) they would have been shut down by now.

4 3 Reply
SHELLY

Feb 01 Chelsea Heights, Victoria County

well this is very sad to hear,because I have been with arbonne now for 7 months and have had nothing but a fantastic experience and time....I don't feel like im hounding anyone,the products are outstanding....I AM NOT WEALTHY FINANCIALLY,MY HUSBAND IS NOT WEALTHY,I DO NOT HAVE NANNIES.....I am a battler like the majority and I know THIS IS THE FUTURE!!

13 13 Reply
Craig

Jan 28

If you take a good look at your life i'm sure its a total drama. MLM is the future,not for everyone but for the one who believe in themselves and are ready to shine. I'm glad to be helping people step into the light.

8 9 Reply

Jan 30 Toronto, Ontario

Lay off the kool-aid. And possibly go back to school to learn how to write coherent sentences.

8 2 Reply
Lola

Jan 19 Bellshill, North Lanarkshire

Clearly you weren't told everything and all those questions you asked... Well it obviously wasn't enough.
You've got to ask yourself WHY it didn't work for you. The reason... You just didn't want it bad enough.
It's not for everyone but why spend your time bashing a fabulous company with a rich heritage. It's worked for plenty of people!

11 9 Reply

Jan 27

I get so incredibly sick of hearing "you just didn't want it bad enough." That's work shaming. As someone who was given a very specific "recipe for success" with this business, and who followed at her three up line's urging ( one is an RVP, NVP, and a top 20 income earner ENVP respectively), I have yet to see the level of success they said was possible. It's not because I didn't want it bad enough or didn't bust my rear, because I've closely followed this recipe every single month for almost a year, it's because the recipe just doesn't work for eveyone plain and simple.

10 3 Reply

Jan 27 Weaverville, North Carolina

I also invested less than $100 USD, and was able to earn everything I needed to run my spa parties. Though that is great, You just can't control people or even expect consistency with this type of business.

3 3 Reply

Feb 19 Joplin, Missouri

PLEASE email me! bethanyann1989@gmail.com

0 0 Reply

Jan 10 Bruno, Saskatchewan

Sorry to hear about the bad experience, but in reality there are bound to be some. I'm on my third month working toward DM promotion. I'm a man (for those with the perception of a bunch of women stuffed into a room). It cost me the $100 (95 or 99) to sign up. I wanted some products for myself so I bought some. Yes there was a little up sale but I don't regret it. So by the time I was done I was $350 in by the time I bought the products I wanted. I used these a samples as well. So over time I've bought $1500 dollars worth of products that I wanted to try on my own. I didn't have to invest any more as my uplines hold parties and presentations that I may bring my guests to so they can learn more about the business & the products instead of jumping right in. I now have 6 clients (PC's and IC's) and 4 or 5 more lined up. How big and fast your business builds is up to you. If I bought more of the products that I wasn't using I could might build a little faster but doing it my way I learn about the products. I see all of the promo items as a reality over time. Yes some have done it super quick but others have taken a little longer. I don't doubt down the road my outlook will be the same or better. So I can say my experience has bee totally different.

9 3 Reply
Bob

Jan 31 Toronto, Ontario

The products suck! Lots of ppl are getting rashes. Go buy some AVEDA and learn quickly the difference regarding quality!

2 4 Reply

Feb 24 Toronto, Ontario

The hair design engineer from Aveda quit and moved to Arbonne!

2 0 Reply

21-40 of 622 comments

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.