Do NOT sign up for arbonne

Issue not resolved

Well just over 5 months ago I was sucked into signing up for arbonne. I was given my golden bag and rather enjoyed the products, then the smooth talking consultant comes back to retrieve her bag and talk all about how you can earn extra money and how being your own boss is amazing, gives you the financial freedom you need, blah blah blah absolute ***!!!!! I thought I was a smart women, I went home did my research on the company, asked my sponsor a million and one questions prior to signing on and even came up with a budget for what I would like to invest financially into this business...well it seems my sponsor thought that amount was far too low so now i'm currently in quite the mess because the women ended up paying for the rest she " considered" reasonable to invest to get my personal qualifying volume up to par. ( makes me vomit just thinking about it)

Anyways about the company........they do these recruiting sessions with the NVP which is where they stuff a million vulnerable individuals (mostly women lets be serious) in a room and discuss how great arbonne has been for them and their friends and go on with their pathetic excuse for a power point presentation and talk about the massive cheques they keep getting in the mail for selling products we already need and use on a daily bases.....blah blah blah. I find it most hilarious that they do these recruiting sessions generally in the evening so usually right after work and yet they don't offer you a drink or a appetizer....NOTHING yet they are making $250,000 + a year. Oh and lets not forget they also hound you right afterwards to discuss the presentation and to sign on the dotted line. So not only are you starving but you must fork over a minimum in most cases $2,500.00 which will conviently be placed your high interest credit card.

If you think that you are selling arbonne products think again!!! This entire business is NOT one bit about selling it is about finding "builders" which means finding friends and family to hound to invest their hard earned cash into, so that inturn they too can hound people into multiplying the pyramid. After doing just one party when i first started i was excited but after selling a couple thousand dollars worth of product and being even further excited for my commission cheque to only find out that majority of the products sold were considered " business aids" and when you sign up preferred clients ( which they want you to do since it looks better and they pray that this person will convert to consultant status) that you only get a pathetic 15% profit on. And before you even begin to receive that lovely excuse of a commission cheque you have to maintain a 150 pqv which means you basically need to fork even more of your hard earned cash into the company to receive this bonafide cheque. These are all the little things they DON"T mention at these "recruiting sessions" which by the way they call DA Meetings in arbonne lingo. Also they expect you to invest a minimum of $2,500.00 for a whole lot of *** you don't need to " start your own business". Luckily I didn't invest that much but I invested enough. They also make you print off these prospecting folders they tell you to do it at work....yeah full colour and about 500 sheets since they want you to have enough for every single person at the party!! Well I work in a small office so that wasn't going to happen....$100 dollars later everything was printed and what a load of ***!! Oh and don't get sucked into purchasing the business cards they are awful and another poor investment on your part. So basically you have now spent $2,500.00 on products you don't need, plus around $100 for prospecting folders that you will hand out and get right back, plus $75.00 for business cards, plus your gas, plus your time = setting yourself for failure.

The one and only way to make money in this business is to hound every last person you know to purchase product and pray to the gods that they will also fork over their hard earned cash. I too only wish that they had these blogs that i am seeing today up here about what kind of business this company is running. These sponsors think they have hit the jacket when they finally get you to come on board and trust me they turn to *** when you are unsure or want out. Also from analyzing majority of the groups of arbonne families around me every last one of them that is actually making a decent coin off this are ALREADY wealthy!!! they ALLL have husbands that are very well off....these are stay at home moms that literally have nothing better to do with their time since they have maids and nannies which were already in the mix prior to signing onto arbonne. I feel sorry for the young girls just like myself that get sucked into the dream of wanting to make some extra cash when in the end i'm out a *** load of money!! Another few pointers they don't point out at these " recruiting sessions" with no food or drinks is that you really have to keep in perspective your time and money. You have to waste gas recruiting people, dropping off the gold bag, picking up the gold bag, hosting parties all over the city, going to these DA meetings.....its A LOT!!!! They are all liars that say it takes just a few hours of your time. Thats a load of SH**, I can't even tell you how much money I am out just from the gas and photo copies alone. All in all DON"T do it!!!! The products are digustingly overpriced for what they are, so good luck finding people that can even afford them. They specify all natural but i got a rash from quite a few of the products and i've done multiple allergy tests and none of the " natural" ingredients have I ever been allergic too in its original state. SO Beware!!!! And learn from everyone that is posting on this website. The arbonne community that is going to comment that I am a just a bitter women that didn't make money at this because i'm lazy or whatever excuse you may want to come up....save your breath! I am merely pointing out simple facts and I am rather angry what has happened to myself and others in the same situation. The only thing I actually got from this entire experience is that I will NEVER in my life do a MLM company and the biggest lesson of all trust no one! You must look out for yourself and yourself only since everyone is only in this for themselves so why bother wasting your time and money trying to get already wealthy people richer.

I truly hope that this reaches others!

Cheers

d3ba029 review #304724
619 Helpful? 1397
Had the same issue240 Comments569 Report
Had an experience with Arbonne?  Submit review about this company

Oct 30

You read through that entire post and that was all you had to say?

5 0 Reply
Hunee babee

Nov 01

Seriously???

2 1 Reply
tayla

Oct 25 Gold Coast, Queensland

Reading this was absolutely disgraceful! I am an arbonne Consultant, and i only paid $105- fee. And WAS NOT pressured by my sponsor to join nor invest any money! I simply WANTED too.. And i bought the products i had always used for myself and these were what i was going to focus on selling as i knew they worked from experience.
Arbonne has been such an amazing experience for me so far - every single person even the NVP's are so lovely and willing to help anyone, they are just a message away. The meetings are great and have loads of food and drinks! We talk about what specials and promotions are coming up and we deffinately dont tell anyone to join. Maybe its different everywhere else but in Australia its great.

13 10 Reply
WatchTheArbonitesFlameThis

Nov 01

So how do you get your samples? You don't pay for them? This site is full of Arbonne zombies who just go around and try and counter any negative posts about the company. It is a pyramid with a twist, sad sad people who go around the web touting how great it is when most people don't make anything off this. Watch and see how this is flamed by the trolls who state " you have to work hard to make money". Yes you do in a real job. The Arbonne way is to sign up as many people you can who have to pay fees, initial to be a consultant and renewals, and buy samples, all of which feeds the top before any real sales are made. Ahh but this is investment they say, total BS.

6 2 Reply
Jean

Nov 03

Pyramid schemes are illegal and only involve money. Arbonne has a step promoting process where only you can hold yourself back. You get back what you put into it. I've met some very successful people in Arbonne. I do not make a million dollars but a few hundred bucks a month does help.

6 3 Reply
pditty

Nov 05 San Francisco, California

exactly, just replace arbonne with amway and the comments are always the same about how lazy we are, or we dont know how to sell blah blah blah!!!! look at the losses of herbalife.sept 2014 business insider: Shares of Herbalife are down more than 25% since Stiritz first disclosed his position. So far this year, they're down more than 49%.
Based on our rough estimates using the closing price of the days when he disclosed his stakes, Stiritz has experienced an estimated $145 million in paper losses on his Herbalife investment.

Nov 29 Coraopolis, Pennsylvania

because herbalife is POISON it makes people sick..every single person I know who went on it got sick..everyone I talk to know's someone who couldn't take their products! Their product ingredient list is horrific!

0 0
Arbonnelife4ever

Nov 07

Reading this, all I can think is you we're miss lead by your sponsor who wasn't prepared with information themselves. Everything you say is completely true - but exaggerated! You choose to " hound " people - I don't & other people don't that are successful - if you attend any conferences you'd learn to say next when they say no and not sit there and hound and pout about it. Sounds like you aren't meant for this kind of business and it's completely fine: did your sponsor mention that you have a 45 day all money back guarantee and can return the products even if you used them and aren't satisfied! - if not it says it in your consultant start up package everyone receives when they join the business which you would have got - and your are not forced to spend that amount of money - you know it only costs $95 to join and start your business - HOWEVER like any successful business you have to put hours into and you have to put money into your supplies and buy your products that your selling etc. Arbonne also offers you Arbonne university and the source which has everything you access to what you need for supplies and info to do this business and - everything is turn key actually - unlike starting any other business up from scratch may cost u at the very minimum $10,000 no extra knowledge or support etc, no one showing you where to buy your supplies or help guide you when ur stuck etc- you have to pay for all here things aswell don't you? Or do u just miracly have them? ...... Show more

2 1 Reply
Arbonnelife4ever

Nov 07

Also wanted to add that as you own a business you get the perks or writing a percentage of things off now - such as hour house and your heat and your car maintenance and gas etc... Which if you did your research like any person would starting their own business ...

2 1
Nicola

Oct 12 Scotland, United Kingdom

Sounds like you haven't had a good experience but it seems Arbonne wasn't explained to you very well. As with anything if you want success you have to WORK at it. Clearly you expected a get rich quick business which we all know doesn't exist.

18 4 Reply
Sinead6

Oct 08 Southampton, England

I have just signed up and thankfully only paid the joining consultant fee which I better get back. At least I know now and will be leaving I had second thoughts but this woman was so nice what a shame

6 13 Reply

Oct 13

You're just going to take this one person's negative comment and quit because of it? If you sell products, you make money. If you don't sell products, you won't make money. It's as simple as that.

10 6 Reply

Nov 29 Coraopolis, Pennsylvania

The only shame is that you listened to ONE person and took her word for it. Arbonne is an amazing company. As you hit levels they always give you free things and cash bonuses. My income every month has continued to go UP! Work and you will make money.

Oct 07

I'm sorry but nothing in life comes easy. Especially growing a business and making money. You can not buy these products, invest and not do any leg work or work very hard. You can't just "hound" family and friends to purchase these products. That's not what this is all about. It's about selling a product that you use yourself because you believe in them. Some things in life just aren't given to you, you have to work hard to be successful.

16 6 Reply
Tuesday

Sep 30 Ferndale, Washington

Ah this is so sad. I'm an independent consultant with Arbonne and have been for almost six months now. What you have written here is inaccurate in so many ways and I truly feel bad for you because I'm enjoying watching my business grow and I don't have a single person that I have signed up "under" me. I'm sorry it didn't work out for you!

25 14 Reply
not a whiney bitch

Sep 30

What a Whiney little brat you are. Wahhhhh I had to spend money to build a business. You don't have to pay employees, buy inventory, pay electricity, or other bills. Boo hooo you have to spend $150 or have a preferred client spend $150 a month to get a check. BFD!!!!! Arbonne is awesome and you are just a big *** baby! I am making tons of money....getting ultra premium products for very low prices and helping others do the same. You are whining because you were not successful....because you did not have belief....because of your fear and now it's Arbonne's fault? It is your fault for not picking up the phone. Enjoy 9-5 and stop blaming others for your failures.

17 15 Reply
Justine

Oct 02 San Diego, California

Wow- you sound like an evil witch!!!! Glad you are making money but maybe you should take a people building course and curb your ego a tad. Its witches like you that give Arbonne a bad name. Your name calling with profanities wasn't necessary which is why you deserved to be called an evil witch!!! No swearing but a reflection of who you are!!!! Guess you are too much of a coward to post and say who you are and where you are from. Wouldn't want to have you as an upline. Nasty!!!!!!!!

13 4 Reply
Twizzle

Sep 28

Well done for sharing. One of my friends tried to bully me into this as well. Endless talk about white mercedeses and 50,000 monthly salaries. She had to invest 2,000 as well on a sample kit to use for recruiting. I asked her the other day- 18 months later- if she was making money yet? She said "yes, not that much though, probably about 50". So in short she is down 1,950 after 18 months and still brainwashed enough to bore people to death about the " fantastic opportunity". I know several of her old friends avoid her because they do not want to hear about Arbonne and the rest talk behind her back. Arbonne is a pyramid scheme which is legal because there is a product sale integrated! No ifs and buts. Of course some people make money. So did some people in pyramid schemes. And do you make more money if you work hard (=harass all your friends and family and friends of these)? Yes, of course. Does that make it a great idea? No, certainly not for everyone. Personally i am disgusted with the way my friend is pushed and pushed by her sponsor to host parties that none of us want to go to. And to top it all of, the products are giving me rashes. The Arbonne sponsor openly talked badly about other products, among them Clarins which i have never had problems with. Yet 3 different Arbonne products has made my skin bumpy and inflamed. Doubt it is due to natural contents. And they are really expensive! Sorry Arbonne disciples, you can preach all you like but there is no disgusing the... Show more

10 5 Reply

Nov 29 Coraopolis, Pennsylvania

She wasn't building her business. In life, business owners WORK HARD!!! But, they had to invest THOUSANDS! I never bully anyone, I show them, educate them and they make their own decisions for themselves. I am only 3 months in and my next check is 300.00 Every month my check goes up. If you work and educate people they will try the products. Most people fall in LOVE with the products and continue to buy them. Health and wellness is crucial and now a days ALOT of people WANT to know and educate themselves. I love what I do and I do NOT harass people. They ask, I share, decision is theirs and theirs alone.

21-40 of 569 comments

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.