Arbonne - Do NOT sign up for arbonne

107 of 157 Arbonne Reviews
Mar 14, 2012
review #304724

Well just over 5 months ago I was sucked into signing up for arbonne. I was given my golden bag and rather enjoyed the products, then the smooth talking consultant comes back to retrieve her bag and talk all about how you can earn extra money and how being your own boss is amazing, gives you the financial freedom you need, blah blah blah absolute ***!!!!! I thought I was a smart women, I went home did my research on the company, asked my sponsor a million and one questions prior to signing on and even came up with a budget for what I would like to invest financially into this business...well it seems my sponsor thought that amount was far too low so now i'm currently in quite the mess because the women ended up paying for the rest she " considered" reasonable to invest to get my personal qualifying volume up to par. ( makes me vomit just thinking about it)

Anyways about the company........they do these recruiting sessions with the NVP which is where they stuff a million vulnerable individuals (mostly women lets be serious) in a room and discuss how great arbonne has been for them and their friends and go on with their pathetic excuse for a power point presentation and talk about the massive cheques they keep getting in the mail for selling products we already need and use on a daily bases.....blah blah blah. I find it most hilarious that they do these recruiting sessions generally in the evening so usually right after work and yet they don't offer you a drink or a appetizer....NOTHING yet they are making $250,000 + a year. Oh and lets not forget they also hound you right afterwards to discuss the presentation and to sign on the dotted line. So not only are you starving but you must fork over a minimum in most cases $2,500.00 which will conviently be placed your high interest credit card.

If you think that you are selling arbonne products think again!!! This entire business is NOT one bit about selling it is about finding "builders" which means finding friends and family to hound to invest their hard earned cash into, so that inturn they too can hound people into multiplying the pyramid. After doing just one party when i first started i was excited but after selling a couple thousand dollars worth of product and being even further excited for my commission cheque to only find out that majority of the products sold were considered " business aids" and when you sign up preferred clients ( which they want you to do since it looks better and they pray that this person will convert to consultant status) that you only get a pathetic 15% profit on. And before you even begin to receive that lovely excuse of a commission cheque you have to maintain a 150 pqv which means you basically need to fork even more of your hard earned cash into the company to receive this bonafide cheque. These are all the little things they DON"T mention at these "recruiting sessions" which by the way they call DA Meetings in arbonne lingo. Also they expect you to invest a minimum of $2,500.00 for a whole lot of *** you don't need to " start your own business". Luckily I didn't invest that much but I invested enough. They also make you print off these prospecting folders they tell you to do it at work....yeah full colour and about 500 sheets since they want you to have enough for every single person at the party!! Well I work in a small office so that wasn't going to happen....$100 dollars later everything was printed and what a load of ***!! Oh and don't get sucked into purchasing the business cards they are awful and another poor investment on your part. So basically you have now spent $2,500.00 on products you don't need, plus around $100 for prospecting folders that you will hand out and get right back, plus $75.00 for business cards, plus your gas, plus your time = setting yourself for failure.

The one and only way to make money in this business is to hound every last person you know to purchase product and pray to the gods that they will also fork over their hard earned cash. I too only wish that they had these blogs that i am seeing today up here about what kind of business this company is running. These sponsors think they have hit the jacket when they finally get you to come on board and trust me they turn to *** when you are unsure or want out. Also from analyzing majority of the groups of arbonne families around me every last one of them that is actually making a decent coin off this are ALREADY wealthy!!! they ALLL have husbands that are very well off....these are stay at home moms that literally have nothing better to do with their time since they have maids and nannies which were already in the mix prior to signing onto arbonne. I feel sorry for the young girls just like myself that get sucked into the dream of wanting to make some extra cash when in the end i'm out a *** load of money!! Another few pointers they don't point out at these " recruiting sessions" with no food or drinks is that you really have to keep in perspective your time and money. You have to waste gas recruiting people, dropping off the gold bag, picking up the gold bag, hosting parties all over the city, going to these DA meetings.....its A LOT!!!! They are all liars that say it takes just a few hours of your time. Thats a load of SH**, I can't even tell you how much money I am out just from the gas and photo copies alone. All in all DON"T do it!!!! The products are digustingly overpriced for what they are, so good luck finding people that can even afford them. They specify all natural but i got a rash from quite a few of the products and i've done multiple allergy tests and none of the " natural" ingredients have I ever been allergic too in its original state. SO Beware!!!! And learn from everyone that is posting on this website. The arbonne community that is going to comment that I am a just a bitter women that didn't make money at this because i'm lazy or whatever excuse you may want to come up....save your breath! I am merely pointing out simple facts and I am rather angry what has happened to myself and others in the same situation. The only thing I actually got from this entire experience is that I will NEVER in my life do a MLM company and the biggest lesson of all trust no one! You must look out for yourself and yourself only since everyone is only in this for themselves so why bother wasting your time and money trying to get already wealthy people richer.

I truly hope that this reaches others!

Cheers

8596db3
1.5
Had an experience with Arbonne?  Submit review ›
Is this your company? Learn about our business solutions
107 of 157 Arbonne Reviews
Arbonne manager

Jul 21

So sad you guys experienced this. It's hard work getting your buianess to a money making level. Some people just give up easily. But if your happy working for someone else.... Awesome. I don't consider myself annoying.......and I'm building a business that is completely successful and legit. I also have a great job but my second income just gives me more dollars. Who doesn't want that????? So please be respectful to ppl who have worked hard to get where we are.

8 4 Reply
Anna 1975

Jul 20

That is all I see all over Facebook!! All these people begging and trying to add people to their team. I have a real full time job and I have never had to advertise my job anywhere. I get paid good money for going to work and just doing my job. My income is not contingent on how many products I sell or how many poor saps I can lie to in order to sucker into the this cult. To all the Arbonne people....what happens if you stop advertising on FB and stop begging people to join you? your business will flop and that's the end of that. I feel so sorry for you people that u have to live your lives hoping and praying that u can lie hard enough to get people to join your team. thank the heavens all I have to do is show up at my job , work and get paid. simple as that. No parties in the evebings and weekend! I would NEVER do a *** party on a Sunday!!!! um no thanks!!!! weekends are family time thank you! and why would I ever host a facial party? anyway every time someone asks me to listen to the opportunity I flat out say NO! wont even consider it. again, I am SO glad I don't jave to harass anyone at work....thank God for that. and the Mercedes u get??? its not flat out free so stop lying to people...u get a bonus for it!!! there is a catch to EVERYTHING in arbonne! wow. where I work.....a big company......they have a deal with lexis and BMW and Porsche!!!! JUST for being an employee I get the car free. no bonus. just flat out free. just for being an employee. don't have to lie... Show more

Wally

Aug 05

Haha, I agree Anna 1975. I turn up to my job, guaranteed pay of $250K a year. They give me a car, a fuel car, they service it, pay insurance, I pay nothing. If I was to be doing Arbonne to get the same money I would probably have to sell about $5 Million dollars of product per year with a team of about 500 people. Gee, that sounds real easy, would only need to work about 500 hours per week! Where do I sign up! lol

2 0 Reply
Ghyus

Aug 18

The bonus is $800 -- to cover car payment, gas, maintenance, etc. And when that car is paid off...you still get the bonus. Yeah, what a great catch! If you enjoy the employee mindset, working hard to benefit someone else, and earning a consistent, non-growing paycheck, then by all means! Be happy & do that. Some of us want more. And are doing VERY well making a life of our own.

1 0 Reply

Aug 19

Ever buy a car? Or eat in a restaurant? Get something printed at Kinkos? Take medicine? Watch TV? Buy a house? All these businesses rely on sales; often-times, direct sales. They rely on referrals. Did you know that you can set your FACEBOOK newsfeed so that you don't have to see these "begging" friends of yours. They are your friends after all. Arbonne does not choose your FB friends. And while you're at it, try empathy.

0 0 Reply
Larissa Jane

Jul 20 Newmarket, Ontario

These Arbonne People are SO annoying omg!!!!!! I see all this *** all over FB and it makes me wanna gag!!! They claim they are doing so well, but if you're really doing well, why do you need to post *** about your *** business every five min. I don't see my doctor and lawyer friends posting every five min about their successful business!!!!! It just proves 100% that the ONLY way to make any sort of money is to lie, post, advertise and beg people to join you...then the cycle begins again. SO ANNOYING !!

4 2 Reply
Salesgal

Jul 29

Doctor's are not sales people....but I do insurance, and car salesmen and any other sales jobs, on TV every commercial. You obviously don't watch TV, right? And before a month ago, I never heard of Arbonne and had been on FB night and day....so where are you going to see so much Arbonne? If you don't like it, block it. But when it's time to retire, I'll be sleeping in and you still working.

Jul 19

I feel so sorry for you and others who were (and will be) preyed upon by friends and family to either buy expensive Arbonne products they do not want or need and find it difficult to say no, and/or to become a consultant. The main income for Arbonne is not in the end user/buyer of products, as there are but a few regular clients who are not "consultants", but in recruiting consultants. These consultants are the ones who invest, ie pay the salary of those at the top, who are indeed wealthy, as a result. Yes, some consultants will also have their little pyramid of workers, but they have to be ruthless to get there. I am glad that not everyone is well-suited for this "get rich by preying on kind friends and family" type of pyramid business.

5 3 Reply

Jul 13

I love it when weak individuals who have zero perseverance (and not many more brain cells) blame everyone/thing else under the sun for their failure. This industry, which you clearly were horrendously unsuited for, is making plenty of people very happy and, well, rich! Just because you do not have the skills or fortitude to join them does not mean it is a sham. Buy a mirror.

11 10 Reply

Jul 09

Unfortunately, it just sounds like you got a bad sponsor. I did not have to invest anywhere near that amount into my business and while yes, this is technically a "pyramid scheme" ALL SALES JOBS ARE. You are going to be hard pressed to find a job where someone above you is not benefiting from your work. That's how business works. Network marketing is a business you start from the ground up. It's hard work and like all business required an investment. If you have the drive, ability, and discipline you can be extremely successful without "hounding your family and friends."

9 4 Reply

Jul 09

An old co-worker of mines is into the whole Arbonne thing and tried to recruit me, but I refused on the spot. She told me to call her about this good opportunity she wanted to introduce me to, and within the first 30 seconds of the call, she said, "It may sound like a pyramid scheme, but it is not". Um, excuse me? Everything she described it fitted the pyramid scheme! A co-worker of mines got sucked into it and immediately backed out because there was no way she was going to sell her friends and family out and try to get them into the business. You know it is a pyramid scheme when all you see on FB from Arbonne employees is about how much they are earning, how everyone should join them, how much freedom they have, etc. I don't know about others, but a company who is all about recruiting people and getting them to recruit others is the definition of a pyramid scheme. Join it all you want, but back off when others refuse to join your cult.

7 1 Reply
arbonnet

Jul 07

You, unfortunately, sound like someone who failed at the business because you didn't work hard enough at it, and blame the 'system' because you didn't get rich quick! You might have had a sponsor who misled you, but you actually need to work hard to see success in any business I was not asked to invest anything in my business at start up, and don't ask my consultants to either! I invested a small amount and worked really hard -- I had fully paid off my investment after two months of working. It's an amazing opportunity (and I'm a mom of two who has a 6 figure income outside of arbonne as does my husband - so you are wrong in your assumptions about that as well) If you truly think it's a scam - it's a pretty good one since hundreds of thousands of people are successful at it! Sad to read this, for sure but to each their own. Just remember -- in anything in life - you need to WORK for it.

7 4 Reply
Bianca

Jul 06 Toronto, Ontario

I invested money into arbonne bc I am fully involved with it. I do vendor shows, spa parties, one on ones etc. I love it. Plus I use all the stuff myself. People who like to sit on their *** and expect to get rich quick are not business people. Social media is huge and that how I get a lot of my business as well. Most importantly it's relationship building. I don't know of anyone in business who invested $0 into their business. It's funny how people find it acceptable to work as slaves for 50 to 60 hours a week and make other people rich, but disregard the fact that you can work for yourself and make good money,as long as your positive and you don't limit your beliefs. Arbonne is not organic. It's botanical based, has science behind it and a healthy option compared to the *** at the drugstor, that's full of fillers. People think just because a skin cream is organic , it's good. That's not the case. The results are not there, bc as soon as you open the jar the ingredients are not effective. Arbonne is free of the most toxic chemicals compared to many many other companies.

10 3 Reply
Bianca

Jul 06 Toronto, Ontario

You have no clue about what your talking about. You have no idea what a pyramid is bc every single workplace is a pyramid. In business, it's not who you know, it's who you will meet.

L0v3Arbonne

Jul 05

I am a consultant and I didn't have to pay anything to start I am earning my way in and am already on my way to earning a free trip I booked 8 parties my first month and 11 parties my second month. It's wonderful the support I have received and my upline has let me use her products. I'm sorry if you had a bad experience with Arbonne I know that my nation is one of the most successful and as I read these I know why. I hope that you succeed in all your future endevers. I'm sorry you are upset.

4 2 Reply
Bella

Jul 03

I agree with u! I had to spend around $2000 to get my "kit" as my upline said "You cant open a bakery without any bread" so I was pushed into spending that much money! I havnt been able to recruit anyone at all and have wasted so much time doing workshops that I have decided to chuck in the towl! Not to mention the products have made my acne so much worse!!

Cromaxgal

Jul 29

I'll buy your kit for $500 if you're unhappy and HELLO, something must be wrong because I never had to buy that much. I even had my manager or upline do parties for me and credit me because I recently moved to a different state and my family and friends live in another state than I do.

0 0 Reply
Acanino

Jul 02

I am an arbonne consultant and i have been doing it for a month and a half and i love it! I did not have to invest anything as i had an amazing team who let me use their products until i could get mine (which i used my commission to buy my products) and that took less then a month! I got out there my first week and put ads up for the spa parties, talked to woman in the grocery store and booked 8 spa parties in 3 days! Not one of them may i add was including any of my friends OR family! You earn 35% commission on every order and an extra 4% if your months total when your a consultant, you earn 8% of your months total when your an Area manager, and the list goes up from there! For me it seems super easy to move up as like i said i have been here for a month and i qualified to be promoted to area manager! I think peoples misconception is that its a get rich quick scheme and its not, but NOTHING is! I also have a freelance photography business and i had to invest thousands of dollars at first for camera, equipment and props. You have to ALWYAS put something into what you want to do in order to get anything out! To work in a company like Arbonne you have to be self motivated and set goals and know how to work it! Everyone has a different experience so i would say if your looking to get into it dont just judge it on some bad or good experiences, you have to know within yourself that you have the determination to succeed! And thats with anything even outside of Arbonne!

6 3 Reply
Botanical Excellemce

Jun 26 Numurkah, Victoria

I would love to chat to you personally.
I am totally disheartened by what I can read as an overwhelming experience for you.
Angela 0418605071

0 1 Reply

Showing 21-40 of 503 comments

×
You were reading a complaint about Arbonne.
Filing a new complaint about
×