• show-popup

Shares 0

Do NOT sign up for arbonne

Company Arbonne
Location Woodbridge, Ontario
Category Cosmetics and Toiletries
Views 25669

Well just over 5 months ago I was sucked into signing up for arbonne. I was given my golden bag and rather enjoyed the products, then the smooth talking consultant comes back to retrieve her bag and talk all about how you can earn extra money and how being your own boss is amazing, gives you the financial freedom you need, blah blah blah absolute ***!!!!! I thought I was a smart women, I went home did my research on the company, asked my sponsor a million and one questions prior to signing on and even came up with a budget for what I would like to invest financially into this business...well it seems my sponsor thought that amount was far too low so now i'm currently in quite the mess because the women ended up paying for the rest she " considered" reasonable to invest to get my personal qualifying volume up to par. ( makes me vomit just thinking about it)

Anyways about the company........they do these recruiting sessions with the NVP which is where they stuff a million vulnerable individuals (mostly women lets be serious) in a room and discuss how great arbonne has been for them and their friends and go on with their pathetic excuse for a power point presentation and talk about the massive cheques they keep getting in the mail for selling products we already need and use on a daily bases.....blah blah blah. I find it most hilarious that they do these recruiting sessions generally in the evening so usually right after work and yet they don't offer you a drink or a appetizer....NOTHING yet they are making $250,000 + a year. Oh and lets not forget they also hound you right afterwards to discuss the presentation and to sign on the dotted line. So not only are you starving but you must fork over a minimum in most cases $2,500.00 which will conviently be placed your high interest credit card.

If you think that you are selling arbonne products think again!!! This entire business is NOT one bit about selling it is about finding "builders" which means finding friends and family to hound to invest their hard earned cash into, so that inturn they too can hound people into multiplying the pyramid. After doing just one party when i first started i was excited but after selling a couple thousand dollars worth of product and being even further excited for my commission cheque to only find out that majority of the products sold were considered " business aids" and when you sign up preferred clients ( which they want you to do since it looks better and they pray that this person will convert to consultant status) that you only get a pathetic 15% profit on. And before you even begin to receive that lovely excuse of a commission cheque you have to maintain a 150 pqv which means you basically need to fork even more of your hard earned cash into the company to receive this bonafide cheque. These are all the little things they DON"T mention at these "recruiting sessions" which by the way they call DA Meetings in arbonne lingo. Also they expect you to invest a minimum of $2,500.00 for a whole lot of *** you don't need to " start your own business". Luckily I didn't invest that much but I invested enough. They also make you print off these prospecting folders they tell you to do it at work....yeah full colour and about 500 sheets since they want you to have enough for every single person at the party!! Well I work in a small office so that wasn't going to happen....$100 dollars later everything was printed and what a load of ***!! Oh and don't get sucked into purchasing the business cards they are awful and another poor investment on your part. So basically you have now spent $2,500.00 on products you don't need, plus around $100 for prospecting folders that you will hand out and get right back, plus $75.00 for business cards, plus your gas, plus your time = setting yourself for failure.

The one and only way to make money in this business is to hound every last person you know to purchase product and pray to the gods that they will also fork over their hard earned cash. I too only wish that they had these blogs that i am seeing today up here about what kind of business this company is running. These sponsors think they have hit the jacket when they finally get you to come on board and trust me they turn to *** when you are unsure or want out. Also from analyzing majority of the groups of arbonne families around me every last one of them that is actually making a decent coin off this are ALREADY wealthy!!! they ALLL have husbands that are very well off....these are stay at home moms that literally have nothing better to do with their time since they have maids and nannies which were already in the mix prior to signing onto arbonne. I feel sorry for the young girls just like myself that get sucked into the dream of wanting to make some extra cash when in the end i'm out a *** load of money!! Another few pointers they don't point out at these " recruiting sessions" with no food or drinks is that you really have to keep in perspective your time and money. You have to waste gas recruiting people, dropping off the gold bag, picking up the gold bag, hosting parties all over the city, going to these DA meetings.....its A LOT!!!! They are all liars that say it takes just a few hours of your time. Thats a load of SH**, I can't even tell you how much money I am out just from the gas and photo copies alone. All in all DON"T do it!!!! The products are digustingly overpriced for what they are, so good luck finding people that can even afford them. They specify all natural but i got a rash from quite a few of the products and i've done multiple allergy tests and none of the " natural" ingredients have I ever been allergic too in its original state. SO Beware!!!! And learn from everyone that is posting on this website. The arbonne community that is going to comment that I am a just a bitter women that didn't make money at this because i'm lazy or whatever excuse you may want to come up....save your breath! I am merely pointing out simple facts and I am rather angry what has happened to myself and others in the same situation. The only thing I actually got from this entire experience is that I will NEVER in my life do a MLM company and the biggest lesson of all trust no one! You must look out for yourself and yourself only since everyone is only in this for themselves so why bother wasting your time and money trying to get already wealthy people richer.

I truly hope that this reaches others!
Cheers 3069b1c

Comments (433) Hide comments
Showing 20 of 433 comments
Comment review as anonymous or
CAPTCHA

Jan 28  from Manchester, England
If you read any NM site they all use the same platitudes over and over again. The only thing that changes is the name of the company. The charts etc that they use to show how great NM is are mostly from other NM sites. If you are willing to see every person you know as a potential business partner then have at it. Some of us aren't willing to do that in order to keep a title or a lease payment on a fancy car. I don't want to spend my weekends at craft fairs and events, I don't want to go out at night and do "parties". The corporate world was good to me, I have a great retirement fund that will take care of my loved ones in case something happens to me, it's REALLY " will-able". The cars aren't "free" and the titles can go away in heartbeat. No one got demoted at my corporate job, once you had a title the benefits of that title stuck with you. I decided I don't want to have to constantly be replacing the people at the bottom and keep worrying about it. And as far as leaving my name anonymous - I don't want to hurt the feelings of people I know who are doing this.

Jan 23  from Slough, England
You just sound bitter because you didn't want to put the effort in to see results. It's unfortunate that you're misleading people with all this false information, and basically robbing them of a wonderful experience/career choice. I hope you find a path in life that makes you happier, so you can let go of your anger. :)
Reply to Jess

Jan 24  from Vancouver, British Columbia
Jess,
Sounds like your head is buried in the sad. You will understand one day, everyone gets the real picture at some point and you will too but in the mean time have fun filling someone else's pockets.
Reply to The truth

Jan 19  from Toronto, Ontario
You last anonymous comments are fools. If you are scared to put your name and place then you go on FB. You both sound like fools since you are not in Hawaii. The ones like Debbie Neal did invest over 3G's and Sue Cassidy. So why don't you hide behind your computer and cut people up. Guess you are in debt!!!
Reply to Niki

Jan 17
How can you call yourself a smart woman who researched the company?? I mean really? It takes hardly any reading on their website to see what your requirements are as a consultant. And no where does it say that you NEED to invest any $$ past signing up. Especially $2500.... That's just ***. And who pays $75 for business cards...Vistaprint for $10 -250 cards.
Your problem is not with the company, it should be that you can't think for yourself. I am not a consultant or even a client...I have been looking at the company the past couple days and apparently know more than you. Your spiteful rant should be on your FB page not on here where you TRY to make it look like a bad company but in a reality you just have no idea how to do anything.

Jan 18  from Vancouver, British Columbia
Hi Anon,
All the info is on the website but the consultants sugar coat everything and tell lies. They talk you into spending $2500. On your demo line and train to walk away from anyone nit willing to follow their lead. I was involved for years and spent way too much money following their lead. If you want to try gi ahead but give yourself a one year time frame. Try not to keep trying year after year. The company isn't all that great.

Jan 22  from Mount Royal, New Jersey
Bravo.
Reply to Maria

Feb 21  from Edmonton, Alberta
I would have to agree. I am a business woman myself and an anesthetic by trade. It takes years to build a business it does not happen over night. Agreed about the cards make your own through on online company it is way cheaper. Every penny you spend towards a business expense is a write off. You don't have to make money to have a write off. If you have a job and you do something else it is all bulked together in your taxes so suddenly you have additional write offs. So did they hold a knife to you or something to 'MAKE' you invest however much you chose to invest on your credit card? Anyone that rushes into any venture whether it be a purchase a relationship or a business if you do it on impulse and don't weigh it out you are taking your chances . No ones fault other than your own if you feel you got rooked. I am not an agent. I don't like to use cheap stuff on my skin I can't afford to . I use quality products such at Lancombe ( but no more as the animal test ) and Clinique so I know how much these products cost and they are no different than Arbonne. People look at the price tag and say that is too much. Well look at what you spend for your oil of old lady and how long it lasts you, you will find quality products use less , last longer and in reality cost less. I have allergies too . Someone somewhere is going to react to something it does not mean it is junk. I have a mint allergy, that does not mean anything with mint is junk it means I need to do MY... Show more
Reply to Beth

Jan 15  from Glasgow, Scotland
Looks like your sponsor didn't pay attention to one of Arbonnes key guidelines which is NOT to instruct new or existing consultants to invest in large amounts of 'stock'. This is a matter which should have been brought to the attention of the company.
Reply to Big Al

Jan 15  from Vancouver, British Columbia
Big Al,
The company doesn't really seem to care.

Jan 14
I think the person who wrote this is a sad individual. I am a consultant and have enjoyed every minute of it. You make of the company what you want. If you don't want to make a lot of of money you don't have to and your comments about investing all the money is ***. I think you should be careful about the things you share. This is a very respectable company.

Jan 14  from Vancouver, British Columbia
Actually it isn't respectable at all. The products are good but the consultants and the company policy sucks.
Sorry.

Jan 13
Thank you for that, I was about to make a horrible mistake and sign up for it. I think I will just stick to my day job :)
Reply to Cat

Jan 14  from Vancouver, British Columbia
Cat,
Smart call. It's all smoke and mirrors. It's a terrible cult like business, lots of brainwashing going on. Smart to run in the opposite direction.

Jan 13
Thanks Anonymous, I am now under compliance as they didn't like my face book page, mind you is the same as my up lines and the ERVP's, which I was told to use as a template be the ERVP.
I also looked on the source page (which is an Arbonne info page for consultants)and it said you can have a display at markets as long as you don't sell. Well guess what I am in breach of that as well as under the terms you are not allowed to do that, even tho it was clearly stated on their own info page you could as long as you followed the rules. I did and never sold an item at a market, just handed out a business card WTTTFFFF??????
Their response it doesn't matter what was on that page, its against the terms.
So now they are threatening me with court action :?
Anyway I have removed all links and reference of Arbonne from online. I did ask them and sent them links to all of the other consultants that I knew who have exactly the same Facebook page as I did. May be more upset people about to hit this page.
Reply to Raffta

Jan 13  from Vancouver, British Columbia
Cons sell at markets all the time. Is this a new rule? Who is your up line?

Jan 13
This was highlighted in the formal letter I got.
Term #14
The Arbonne Independant Consultant may only sell the products on a directs selling basis and is not permitted to sell or promote at retail stores, in markets, trade shows, expositions, other sales forums (including online forums and bulletin boards) or public places.
Reply to Raffta

Feb 25
it sucks, i wouldn't trust Arbonne's Pyramid business model.

Read next Arbonne complaint

Arbonne----not pure safe or BENEFICIAL!!!!

I signed up as a consultant and invested 2k into the 'incredible oppertunity' 8 weeks later my whole...

Select Reason

Send Report Cancel

Thank you!

We will review your report
You were reading a complaint about Arbonne.
Filing a new complaint about
Report a bug