• show-popup

Company Arbonne
Location Louisville, Kentucky
Category Cosmetics and Toiletries
Views 804

I have been purchasing Arbonne products for facial care for at least 4 years and recently Arbonne decided to change the bottles and inside the bottles is another bottle that is smaller than the outside bottle that you think you are purchasing.I purchased the day creme SPF20 and it has a pump and I usually pump twice to moisturize my face.

Well when it stopped pumping I broke it open only to fine the tube inside. Approximately four years ago it was easy just to unscrew the top, now the top is nailed in and very difficult to open.

The product is smaller and the price has increased.I think I will be changing back to another product. 302ce90

Comments (19) Hide comments
Comment review as anonymous or
CAPTCHA

Nov 21, 2012
I just bought a shampoo from Arbonne. I have not tried it yet. I plan to use it for two weeks to see if it makes any difference. What surprised me is that even though they have a lot of plant and fruit extracts in them, from what I have read about the other ingredients, the chemicals are no different than what I have in my Mary Kay. I have seen the results of Mary Kay's anti-aging products, eye creams, and skin cleansing products, and I trust the company. My mom switched from selling Avon to selling Mary Kay whenAvon began using aborted babies as the callogen in many of the skin care products. This was many years ago, and she has not regretted it. She has sold Mary Kay off and on since I was a child. Last year I began selling. I love the fact that I can get product for my self at 50% off what I sell it for. I can also have a sale and sell my product for up to 50 % if I want to. I also love the fact that the products are made to last a long time. I wash my face 2x's a day. I have only used two tubes of cleanser since last April. if Mary Kay ever comes out with hair care products I will use those. Until then, as I said at the top, I plan to use the Arbonne shampoo I bought, see if it works, and if it doesn't I plan to return it.
Reply to China

Apr 07, 2012
But BTA, PEG 100, Butylene Glycol are chemicals and they are in the baby line.
They are not natural. It is synthetics mixed with some botanicals.

There is an excellent organic skincare line made in Toronto and it is called Awaken my senses. There is absolutely no chemicals.

ARbonne is ok but overpriced for a preferred client. Even with the 35% you still have the pay Hst on the full amount even though you get 35%.

ARbonne is not organic. It is botanically based with a mix of Science(synthetic)
Reply to Sara

Apr 07, 2012
Arbonne has amazing products and the price really is a non-issue for me... I would prefer to buy a superior product that is not going to poison me with harsh and dangerous ingredients, plus I am a consultant and get 35% of the products so it's a no brainer for me. LOVE LOVE LOVE ARBONNE!!!
Reply to Lee

Nov 22, 2011
Hi there everyone. I know this post was earlier in the year, but I wanted to let you all know about a new company that I think you will love. It is called Votre Vu and we offer a professional grade product that is naturally based. Please come check out my e-Boutique to see what we offer. www.VotreVu.com/Bliss.

I have more than a few previous 'Arbonne Users' that have switched over to Votre Vu and are loving it.
Feel free to contact me if you have questions.
Samantha
Reply to Vu Girl

Jul 28, 2011
Beth.... You sure have a lot of nerve.
Reply to Kay

Jul 12, 2011
I would like to know why they changed so many product ines and why is the info not available to EWG bath and body care information. They also say they are 100% organic but is polyethelene glycol organic? hmmmm
Reply to jomama

May 27, 2011
I love the Arbonne line of products. I can see a great difference in my skin (all over my body) since I started using them. I know they are pricey, but pay for what you get!! Most other good products are about the same price. I am very pleased dith all aspects of this company.
Reply to Karen Papp

May 15, 2011
Ok, so I went to my first Arbonne party and I will have to say that I was impressed, however, My first clue that this product was way over priced was when the rep says "if you spend $350, you get $350 worth of products free" Hello??? what is that like a 200 percent markup?? Well, at that point I knew that I was sitting in a room full of unintelligent ladies because almost everyone fell for it...thats when that light bulb came on and I thought "hey I'm gonna start selling this bottled gold!" I know you're all wondering if I bought anything and yes I did, I bought the most important thing that you need for your face...moisturizer, and if I'm not happy with it, it will go back!!
Reply to thesmartone

Apr 17, 2011
I love the Arbonne products, especially the eye creme. It is wonderful. I will miss it as until they put in a jar so that you can use it all i will not purchase it any more. To much waste for the money. :eek
Reply to Little Missy

Apr 04, 2011
I forgot to mention that they redesigned the packaging to make the pumps a great deal better. They work well now, they evacuate about 96-99% of the product, the pumps are airless which protects the products, the caps are easy to unscrew now if you need to see how much is left, and they only decreased the quantity of one or 2 products (by a very small amount), and yes, they increased the cost of the entire line by about $24 (that\'s about $4 per product).
Reply to Another positive person in LA

Apr 04, 2011
Did you know Arbonne's RE9 Advanced skin care system was reformulated to be even better than before? If you know anything about Vitamin C and collagen support, help for fine lines and wrinkles, take a close look at Arbonne and consider trying the whole system along with the supplements. The RE9 stands for 9 key ingredients that are completely unmatched in any other skin care line.

There is no other product available in the marketplace that compares with Arbonne in terms of quality, price and ingredients. Goto Arbonne.com and look into the ingredients for the RE9 Advanced. Remember what you are NOT putting onto and into your body with Arbonne. Mineral oils, parabens, pthalates, chemical fragrances, dyes and animal byproducts and renderings. Arbonne is 100 % Vegan.

The prices are comparable to Clinique price point, but Arbonne sells at a discount. (20-80%). Buying from a direct seller is a differnet experience than buying from Nordstrom, Macy's etc - but you get an even better product at a fraction of the cost and the products ship straight to your door, saving time and money and gas!

It's true, some consultants in network marketing companies don't have good manners or tact. It's too bad, but there are lots of amazingly knowledgeable people who are well versed and great to deal with. If you don't like your consultant, go to Arbonne.com and find another one in your area.

Arbonne's products are often compared to
... Show more
Reply to Another positive person in LA

Jan 30, 2013  from Wasaga Beach, Ontario
The products are not 100% vegan, especially the Re9 line, I was considering joining this company but after reading the ingredients in the Re9 line, I have defiantly reconsidered, not only does this line use chemicals they are the active ingredients in them, the day cream has 3% more Octocrylene then the FDA approved level of 5%, how can you say that is all natural or 100% vegan? I am not doubting that these products are a decent line, but stating that they are something they are not is not going to gain customers, at least not long lasting ones. As a breast cancer survivor I find it very disheartening that chemicals found in your products are know to cause DNA damaging free radicals, yet you claim they are 100% vegan,,,
Reply to Kristi

Mar 09, 2011
Sounds like they have
A) changed packaging to a new design
B) changed formula
C)increased price

So what I am interested in knowing is...even though the packaging has been changed are you still getting the same amount? IE old package contained 3oz of product but new package only has 2oz, or is it same?

Unfortunately if the amount has been reduced they are following the trend many companies are...repackaging, giving less, and charging same or more.

Have you noticed your Ice-cream rarely comes in a half gallon anymore, yet the price has not?

I find all these concerns interesting
:?
Reply to Things that make you go hmm

Mar 09, 2011
So think about it this way...people that have a lot of time on their hands, are bitter with life and unhappy with the way they look might spend a lot of time seeking out places to vent about things they use and do not like. Every person has their own experience. You can look at thousands of companies that change their packaging. Many times it is because of finding the right manufacturing company. I work for a fortune 500 company that is in the pharmaceutical world and many have complaints about our products but their are millions more that love our products. More negative people tend to voice their opinion because they have nothing better to do with their time. Always see for yourself and have your own experience.When you go to Nordstrom's at each makeup counter they will do a "free" make over but you always feel pressured to buy what they put on your face and it is each salespersons personality effecting your decision.
Reply to Positive Person

Mar 03, 2011
These products have gone downhill bigtime.
:( It is true now the bottles are smaller but have even smaller containers inside, and you can no longer unscrew the top to retrive product from the bottle....BIG WASTE!!!
I finally tried getting the pricey eye-cream out with a Q-tip! I will no longer purchase these way outlandishly priced products, that I USED for years, but quality is not there as it was, and is now even more $$$$$$$$!
Reply to artsy

Feb 25, 2011
Remember, do not let a few people out of millions prevent you from talking to an Arbonne Consultant about the products. You don't know the entire background of these people who are posting negative stuff. They may have had one experience with one product or consultan. This is not a good test as to whether you should see new information or not.

I only sell Arbonne because I love the products. You can sell anything you are passionate about with ease. For those it was hard for, then they didn't fully believe in the product and were easily discouraged by they lack of understanding of the act of sharing. If you are passionate, then you would talk about it to everybody and you wouldn't let a few no's and naysayers get you down. If one person doesn't like it, the next person will. For the same reason you don't buy every product a company makes just because it is on the store shelves, I wouldn't expect anyone to buy every Arbonne product from your consultant.
bethnatlga @ gmail.com
Reply to Beth deSousa

Feb 21, 2011
try turning gold part of the bottle directly under the pump and not the bottle itself, that usually works for me. :roll
Reply to Ummm

Jan 30, 2011
I was seriously considering buying some Arbonne products but after reading so many complaints about the company disregard for it's clients and inscrupulous business practices I will be looking elsewhere.
Reply to Arbonne products

Jan 27, 2013  from Montreal, Quebec
I can hardly believe that the previously mentioned comments could affect your position on wanting to try the products. Ask a consultant for a trial period with the product and then decide for yourself!!
Reply to Minima

Read next Arbonne complaint

Didn't live up to hype. Pushy consultant.

I purchased RE9 Skin Care line. During the first week of use I thought they were amazing, but after...

Select Reason

Send Report Cancel

Thank you!

We will review your report
You were reading a complaint about Arbonne.
Filing a new complaint about
Report a bug